Friday, March 11, 2011

Today I am...

Outside my window... There are kids playing. One's African. One's Middle Eastern. They are giggling and talking and having what looks like a really fun time.

I am thinking... about how I really should be studying, but am not since my brain really needs a break.

I am thankful for... electricity. I will never again take electricity for granted.

I am eating... nothing. I'm full from the salad bar, corn dog, and peanut butter m&m's from Junior Carnival tonight :)

I am wearing... jeans. PTL for Jeans Friday! :)

I am wishing... that the electricity situation in Dakar would get better, but it doesn't seem likely.

Tomorrow I am... going to be studying ALL day for my midterm, barring a short break somewhere in there for sanity's sake. :)

I am reading... all about the fun-filled world of Multicultural Education. Seriously, this exam is consuming my every free moment (outside of teaching and lesson planning of course).

I am hoping... that I can get a good night's sleep tonight. I've forgotten what that's like.

I am hearing... nothing at the moment. It's almost "too" quiet...

I am looking forward to... being done with my midterm this weekend.

I am dreaming of... the future.

I am not liking... the incredibly AWFUL power cuts we've been having. Having an average of 4 to 6 hours of electricity a day is a big huge PAIN, just so you know...

A few plans for the week ahead... midterm, 4 page paper, grading, report cards, parent-teacher conferences, spring break...and hopefully some sleep somewhere in there

No comments:

Post a Comment