Saturday, March 3, 2012

The 2nd Dear ____________ Post

Dear Internal Alarm Clock, I know you're used to waking up at 5 a.m. every day during the week, but you're allowed to wait a while longer on the weekends. I promise that'd be ok. I'm not asking for much. ...just to sleep 'til 7 would be GREAT. :)


Dear Bible Memorization, You and I have never worked well together. I have a really hard time memorizing things, even Bible verses. However, just recently, things have changed. Due to a pretty rotten few weeks, I learned to lean even more so than normal on the Word of God. I've started memorizing more verses. And it's actually sticking! See, there's hope for me yet! :)


Dear Rats Living Behind My Classroom, I do not like you one bit! I think it's time you leave. You're huge, disgusting, gross, and huge. Yes, you're bad enough to deserve repetition in my description of you. Ugh! 

Dear Money that Grows on Trees, Where are you? Why have I never found you? I think you should grace me with your presence. I really do.

Dear Pancakes and Syrup, Who would've thought that you're delightful combination would bring such joy to my first graders...and as a result brought such joy in my life too? It's the little things in life.

Dear Rain, I miss you. Please come back soon. A few times in June to October were not enough. 

Dear Praxis Test, I looked up the info on you today, since I'll be needing to register for you soon. Can I say how incredibly nervous I am because of you? I HATE, HATE, HATE taking tests. ...especially such big, important ones, as yourself. Please be kind to me. 

Dear London, I have always dreamed of visiting you. I have dreamed of visiting Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, riding a double decker bus, and meeting the Queen. But alas, you have always been too expensive. Now, that I live in Africa and can get super super cheap tickets to Europe, you dear London are something I'll be seeing very soon. This year, on my Spring Break, I'll be visiting all of those places I mentioned (...although I doubt I'll be meeting the Queen.). :) 

Dear Jeremiah 29:11, Thank you for reminding me that God has a plan for my life. His plan is to give me hope and for me to prosper. It's hard for me, sometimes, to just relax and remember that God is in control of my life. I don't have to know the details of my future. He, the One who created me, has it all figured out! 

And finally...Dear Late January to end of February 2012, you brought more pain, sadness, and hurt in my life than I've received in a long time. I lost my favorite uncle to a horrible fight with cancer, which led me to experience my first death of a loved one while being separated (by an ocean) from family. A really close friend moved away. One of my students moved away. My dad got some not so great results from his doctor. I had to make the tough decision to live by myself next year, which I'm not 100% looking forward to. And if I'm being honest, it was also hard having yet another Valentine's Day come where I was alone. 

....but even with all that, you weren't all bad. Someone blessed me with a printer/scanner for my classroom (and it's a 220v, so I don't need a transformer)! I began tutoring the sweetest fourth grader I know. I learned and cooked potato soup and pancakes, both from scratch, both for the first time, and they both turned out great! I found amazingly cheap tickets to London, England for Spring Break and booked them to go with one of my friends. I have an absolutely amazing class, who daily amaze me with their behavior, learning, and their sweet spirits. I poured my heart out to God and found (and still do find) myself closer to Him than ever before. 

No comments:

Post a Comment