Saturday, March 17, 2012

The 4th Dear ______ Post

Dear USA, I will see you soon! I bought my summer plane tickets this week. I'll leave Dakar at 10:30 pm (Dakar time) on Wednesday, June 6th and after short layovers in Paris and Atlanta, I'll land in Sweet Home Alabama at 4:55 pm (CST) the following day. Can you say excited?! 

Dear To Do List, I've been checking things off of you left and right, but you're still getting bigger and bigger. I don't understand what's happening. Shouldn't the opposite be happening? :)

Dear 21 Ways to Peace and Happiness by Joyce Meyer, You're such a great book. I've really enjoyed reading/studying you. ...especially since I've been able to do it with a friend. You've helped me a lot, at a time when I was really struggling with having the two things the title says.

Dear Roomie's Homemade Salsa, Oh my goodness... You're out of this world good. ...even better than jars of deliciousness from America. I've tried to copy her recipe, but I just can't. My roomie's the salsa queen, I tell ya.

Dear Mosquitos, Why must you be back? You'd stayed away for so long. I had hope that a mosquito miracle had occurred and you were gone for good. But alas, I was mistaken. Oh well. That's ok. We'll just start the 2012 Mosquito Battle. And I will win, just so you know! 

Dear Story of Gideon in the Bible, My first graders have LOVED learning you this past week. It's been so much fun seeing them so intrigued with a Bible story. They've even begged for more every day. I LOVE their eagerness to learn more about the Word of God. It's awesome!

Dear Time Change, My friends and family in the USA may be complaining about losing sleep. But, personally you and your "Spring Forward-ness" is awesome for me. It's amazing how much that hour less of a time difference really makes a big change. Also, it's a little nice to know that this makes me feel just a tiny bit closer to family. After all, 5 hours is closer than 6 hours, right? :)
 
Dear "Homemade" Whipped Cream, I made you for the first time this past Sunday. And I, someone who has never liked whipped cream, have finally found a whipped cream that I like. Oh my word, sooooo tasty!

Dear Army Wives (the show not real people), Your first few episodes have all been super sad ones. If you keep up with the downer episodes, I think I'm going to have to stop watching. Come on. Bring the happy ones back, please :)

Dear Game Night with Friends, You were so much fun last night! I haven't laughed that hard in a long, long time! I definitely needed the pick-me-up after this week. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment