Saturday, March 24, 2012

The 5th Dear ________ Post

Dear Spring Break, I have never in my life been so happy to see your arrival! My plan is to finish with lesson planning, etc. by tonight so I don't have to do any work over the break. Bring on the relaxation and fun!

Dear Roomie, Thank you for staying up past midnight with me and helping me peel and cut all those veggies. The help was definitely nice. The laughter over this week's episode of Psych (that was in part due to a little deliriousness from needing sleep) was nicer.

Dear Sharpening Pencils, I absolutely positively HATE you. Ugh! It's got to be the most tedious, annoying job EVER! ...not to mention, how you gave me 3 blisters on one hand the other day. Thank goodness standardized testing and sharpening 20 pencils a day is over! Thank goodness also for a T.A. that is amazingly awesome and will sharpen pencils for me! :)

Dear Strawberry-Kiwi Flavored Water Packets, When my mom sent you to me a while back I was happy. I absolutely LOVE you! I even set the box off to the side to save for a time when I really really wanted them. ...thinking I'd ration them for as long as I could. :) Guess what I lost and then found this week! Yep, the yummy strawberry-kiwi flavored water packets. Yay for me! :)

Dear Baby Brother, It's so exciting reading your Facebook posts and emails and seeing pictures, telling about how y'all are getting ready for your little one's arrival. I am so proud of you Little Brother. ...proud of the man you've grown up to be. I know you're going to be an awesome father!

Dear Fractions, You are so confusing to my first graders. It took them forever to understand the idea of "1/2." But "1/4"...Man, that's a doozy. The funniest question one boy asked me yesterday was, "Teacher, why did God make one fourths? Why didn't he just stick with the easy stuff like one wholes?"

Dear Angry Birds game, You are my fun thing to do at night before bed. You help me clear my head before heading off to dream land. There's nothing like watching an angry looking bird fly across the sky and crash into a smiling green pig. ...fun times, fun times. :)

Dear Birthday Treats in the Teacher's Lounge, You were a wonderfully delicious surprise yesterday morning. ...especially since I forgot breakfast. YUM! :)

Dear Ponytail, Oh how I've missed you. It's nice to eliminate those extra few minutes of time during my morning that it takes to fix my hair. Does that make me sound lazy? Probably. Do I care? Not really. Bring on the ponytails and two extra minutes of sleep! :)

Dear Living By Myself, You will be occuring next year. On one hand, I'm not terribly excited. I'm sad to not be living with a roommate and friend. And just being honest, I may be 26 years old, but I've never liked being by myself in a house at night. BUT, on the other hand, though, I'm still in a way looking forward to being by myself - decorating the way I want, watching what I want, eating what I want, entertaining when I want, etc. So some days it's still a toss-up as to whether I'm happy or sad about it...

No comments:

Post a Comment