Saturday, March 10, 2012

The 3rd Dear _________ Post

Dear Answered Prayers, Wow! I've experienced quite a few of you this week. ...in my life, in the lives of my family, co-workers, and friends. And I'm praising God in advance for more answered prayers to come.


Dear Jellybean (a.k.a. My future niece or nephew), I love you already and I haven't even met you. It's so hard for me to know that I won't get to see you grow up. I'll only get to see you once or twice a year. But I'll definitely make up for lost time during those times, by offering you mom and dad free babysitting, hanging out with you, spoiling you with goodies, etc. :)

Dear Favorite Pair of BAMA Flip Flops, I was sad to lay you to rest this week. You've served me well the past year and a half. You were comfy, cute, and had that signature black houndstooth and red pattern. But alas, the big hole in the bottom meant it was time for you to go. I'll miss you.

Dear Cool Season, You've been amazing this year. You've brought cold temps and nice breezes. You made me want/enjoy fleece PJ pants, socks, and long sleeves. You gave me a reason to finally use a blanket and be able to bundle up under the covers at night. But alas, you're starting to leave us. And I am definitely going to miss you.

Dear People that Support My Ministry, Your continued encouragement, prayers, and financial support means the world to me. It's so awesome, overwhelming, comforting (and a few more adjectives) to think about you all backing me and my ministry here. Please know that I appreciate your love and generosity so incredibly much. I am so eternally grateful for each and every one of you and thank God repeatedly for you, for I could not do what He's called me to do without your help and support. I pray God richly blesses each and every one of you.

Dear Bag of Conversation Hearts, A very thoughtful person brought you to me when she made a trip to the States. You are my all time favorite candy and it makes me sad that you only exist for a short, short time of the year...and definitely not here in Dakar. I'm going to try to ration you and make you last as long as possible, but we'll see. :)

Dear Messages in my Junk Folder, Sometimes you make me laugh. But don't worry Junk Mail, if I ever need to learn sneaky golf tricks, or to get a higher credit score, or to meet my future mate since God would of course make me go the route the message said, I'll be ready. Until then, Junk Mail, I'll keep deleting you. Sorry.

Dear Psych, I've missed your hilariousness. Is that even a word? Oh well. I'm using it. I was majorly impressed with this past week's episode. And it was nice to have an excuse to make a new pineapple-inspired recipe for me and the roomie and also, to have the "Psych Club" back together again on Monday night. ...love hanging out with those girls. ..fun times, for sure!

Dear Senegalese Run-Off Elections, You're scheduled for only two days before I leave for London. Can I be a little selfish? Please, please, please don't mess up my trip. But even more than that, I really like living here. I like the people I work with. I like the country. I don't want anyone to get hurt. I don't want to see my "adopted homeland" destroyed anymore due to protests, riots, and fighting. I want justice and peace in this country. So, elections, I need you to go smoothly and not produce bad things afterwards, ok. Thanks.

Dear  Letting Go, You're a hard one. I'm a lover of justice. If I make a mistake, if I hurt someone I do everything I can to fix things. And at the same time, if someone hurts me, I want them to fix that too. I was hurt by something that happened recently. I was dwelling on how hurt I was to the point of being utterly miserable and I hated it. So finally God opened my eyes this past Sunday night. There was no point in dwelling on past hurts and staying upset. I realized I needed to leave the past in the past and to move forward. I needed simply to LET IT GO! And once I did, I honestly felt freer than I have in a long, long time.

Dear Loose/Wiggly Teeth, You seriously gross me out. A wiggly tooth is one of the few things that seriously make me weak to the stomach. And how ironic is it that I teach a grade level where wiggly teeth are an almost constant presence? Ugh :)

No comments:

Post a Comment