Saturday, August 18, 2012

The 26th Dear ______ Post

Dear Change (...as in coins), Why are you such a precious commodity around here? The cashiers at the store never seem to have enough. Most people, including myself, seem to want to hoard it. What's the deal?

Dear Kenya, I found out last week that our staff has permission to go to the ACSI (the group my school is accredited under) conference being held in your city in April. How cool would that be! Now to find the money to pay for it... :)

Dear Word of God, How awesome is it that I get to teach about you every day?! 

Dear Blessings, I've received a few of you this week. ...things that I was wanting, not necessarily needing, but God still sent them my way anyway :)

Dear Mosquitos, You have come back with a vengeance. I guess you're upset that I didn't tell you I'd moved. Well, there was a reason for that. See, to be honest, I just don't like you. I'm sorry, but it's true. So since you're not welcome here, why don't you leave? Thanks. :)

Dear Sweating, I don't like you. Feel free to tell your partner in crime, Humidity, that he can leave any time now.

Dear Haircut, I really need you. I just don't know who to go to... Any Dakar people read this blog and have any recommendations?

Dear 4:30 a.m., Yes. You do exist. I was surprised too. :) Anywho - you're my new weekday wake up time. That gives me time to go walking at 5 and be back by 6 to spend some time with my Jesus before heading to work for the day. I'm not going to lie. It's hard to get up that early. But it really does seem to make my day so much better.

Dear 3 Day Weekend, You're this weekend. Yay for a day off from school! :)

Dear Unpacking in My Apartment, I still haven't finished you. Arranging my classroom took top priority. But I'm hoping that I'll be able to finish you this weekend thanks to it being a 3-day weekend. 

Dear Classroom, I finished getting you ready for the first day of school at 5:45ish the evening before school started. I was so pleased. I really was happy with how my "buggy" vision turned out :)

Dear Funny Kid Stories, I don't have any from this week. Normally kids provide lots of quality funny entertainment. So what's up with all the seriousness? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment