Saturday, August 25, 2012

The 27th Dear ____ Post

Dear Kenya, Sorry to have gotten your hopes up, but you won't be seeing me in April after all. The dates were wrong. You're actually the last week of March and during a time when I can't go. Don't worry. I'm a tiny bit sad too...

Dear London Wall Hanging, I totally heart you! Why? 1) You're of scenes from London. 2) You're pretty. 3) You were on sale. Thanks for going with my living room decor perfectly! :)

Dear Friend Leaving Dakar Tomorrow Night, I'm going to miss you so much! I truly feel blessed to have gotten to know you so much over the past two years and to be able to call you the closest friend I have here. Thanks for being such an awesome friend. Boo to people leaving and having to say goodbye :(

Dear Watch (the noun, not the verb), I've worn you quite a bit this week. This is new for me. I've never really worn watches that much. Maybe I'm finally becoming a grown-up :)

Dear Mountain Dews, When I got back to Dakar, a friend gave me a few of you for my birthday. I finished the last of them up this past Saturday. And as much as I love your yellowy caffeinated goodness, I'm going to refrain from getting more. The caffeine and sugar content don't mix with my need to eliminate a lot of caffeine and sugar from my diet. So, I'm sorry Mountain Dew, but I must say Au Revoir :(

Dear Korite, You were this past weekend. You mark the end of Ramadan. You are the day when Muslims break their month-long fast. I pray that God will show Himself to them and quench their spiritual hunger like they quenched their physical hunger on Korite.

Dear Stuffed Peppers, I made you for dinner the other night and oh my goodness... You tasted amazing! I've had you before, but wanted to try a new (my own made-up) recipe. Seriously, major YUM points for this one :) And I'm making you again next week for some co-workers.

Dear Windows, When you're open and the fans are blowing, it actually gets kind of chilly in my living room.

Dear Cut on my Pinky Finger, I realize you aren't very big, but man, do you hurt!

Dear Entertaining, I've done you quite a bit here lately. 3 times this past week...and as of now, 2 times this coming week. I love being able to have people over so often. ...love it! :)

Dear Funniest Conversation EVER, You happened this week with one of my first graders. Let's just say this little boy needs to learn that a certain monthly occurrence will never ever happen to him, no matter what thoughts he has on the subject. ...seriously, most hilarious conversation I've ever had with a kid :)

Dear Small Plate, When I accidentally dropped you the other night, I expected you to break. However, I didn't expect how many pieces you'd break into. Oh my word. There were pieces literally from one end of my apartment to the other. How was that possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment