Friday, August 31, 2012

The 28th Dear ______ Post

Dear Plane Tickets for Christmas, I bought you this week. ...so thankful to have the opportunity to go back at Christmas this year. AND you are the tickets that will get me back to AL to meet my niece so this trip will be extra special. Oh my word! I am sooooo excited! :)

Dear Grad School, You started back this week. And as much as I love you, I'll be sooo glad when May comes and I can say that I am finished! Although, it does still make me a little sad that I'm going to miss my graduation from you. I worked that long and hard and I can't make that public statement of "I'm finished!!!" Maybe that's a good excuse for having a party here. Hmmm... I could totally throw myself a party :)

Dear Internet in My Apartment, You're still not working after being here 3 weeks. Boo you :(

Dear August, It seems like you flew by. See you again in next year.

Dear Slice of Cake, You were what one of my students brought to me Thursday morning, saying his mom had made cake and wanted me to have some. Thank you to his mom :) It was so yummy and a perfect snack that morning!

Dear Family the Invited me for Dinner Thursday Night, Thank you for the dinner invite , the delicious meal (and leftovers sent home with me), and the time spent getting to know your family. Your girls are hilarious and sweet and smart and a joy to have in my class :)

Dear 5 Kilos, You're how much flour I bought this week. I have big baking plans. ...can't wait! :)

Dear Mud, Slipping in you caused me to fall on my way home Wednesday night, leaving my knee black, blue, and bloody. And it hurt. ...a lot! :(

Dear Dictionary, Who would've known that you'd be "the most funnest book ever to read," according to  one of my first graders :)

Dear Skype, You allowed me to see my niece for the first time (other than via an emailed picture or video). So Skype, you're pretty awesome in my book :)

Dear Alabama Football, You start tomorrow. Roll Tide! I even made a video of my students showing their BAMA spirit. Check it out on Facebook. It's pretty awesome! Of course then their PE teacher had to talk them into saying "Go Blue" to me when I picked them up this afternoon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment