Thursday, March 31, 2016

Thursday's Thoughts


Today I'm joining Annie at Home of Malones and Natalie from East Coast Chic for a new link-up, where we share a few thoughts...

So what's on my mind on this Thursday?


Pretty much all movies these days come with Closed Captioning or subtitles. Why doesn't Youtube? Yes, most do. But not all. And even with the ones that do have it, it's often wrong. In fact, after a particularly frustrating search for a specific youtube video that yielded no CC options, I wondered how hard it was to add in that option. As it turns out, it's fairly simple. Want to know how? Click here. Anyways, my point is... It's this annoyingly frustrating for me - a teacher who uses only videos with that option for her class - to find CC-enabled videos. So I can only imagine how frustrating it is for someone who actually NEEDS that option to enjoy a video. 


I am so tired of hearing about Alabama's governor and all he's done. Yes, he did wrong...really, really wrong. And in my opinion, he isn't really doing that great of a job as Governor of our state. And even more than that, he's setting a bad reputation for a state that already only seems to get in the news for bad stuff. But I am so tired of seeing his face all over my Facebook newsfeed.

Couldn't we focus on the good coming from Alabama right now? How about Gina Locklear?

*Source*

Gina helped to revive the once booming "sock capitol of the world" of Ft. Payne? Her story's pretty cool. She saw the need in her hometown and jumped at the chance to help.


Or what about Janice Stallworth?

*Source*

She's a Fairfield Board of Education member, who volunteers her time, teaching music to kids at one of Fairfield's elementary schools. Why? ...because there was no one else to do it. So she stepped up to fill that void. And what a difference Stallworth (and the music) is making in the lives of these kids!



I'm thankful for friendship. I'm thankful for meals shared, homes opened up, and chats held. I'm thankful for kind words, sweet hugs, and handwritten notes. I'm thankful for understanding ways, prayerful emails, and sweet Facebook messages. I'm thankful for movies watched, games played, and fits of laughter. I'm thankful for open invitations to come over whenever, for plans made, and for spur of the moment trips. I'm thankful for acceptance, encouragement, and love. I'm thankful for friendship.


No comments:

Post a Comment