Wednesday, March 30, 2016

What's Up March

It's now time for March's What's Up Wednesday post. Aren't you excited?! :)

*Linkup with Mel, Shay, Shay, and Sheaffer

Every month we answer the same questions based on how things are currently going in our lives. The questions are...


What am I eating this week?

Since I've been on Spring Break, I've had a little more time on my hands. So, since we have very few other forms of entertainment here, we save up our money and go out to eat instead. And going out to eat lunch or dinner with friends will give you such yumminess as this...



What am I reminiscing about? 

I've been feeling super homesick lately, missing those two little girls who call me Zizzie :)



What am I loving?

It's Spring Break! 2 glorious weeks of not having to set an alarm clock, reading "for fun," hanging out with friends, taking naps, being lazy, and exploring this city God's led me to. Oh and did I mention spending a few days at the beach, falling asleep to the sound of waves crashing?  I love it!



What have I been up to?

I've been reading up on speech and language learning and all that kind of stuff. It all started with a student who made me want to learn all I could about this topic. Now, I'm just fascinated by how our body works together to produce speech, language, communication. And yes, I know that I'm a total nerd. But seriously y'all... It's so cool!



What am I dreading?
Next month will contain the 1 year anniversary of my dad's death. I already get sick to my stomach thinking about it. Easter was tough in itself, as it was the first one without him. I'm so not looking forward to that date in April...


What am I working on? 

Newsletters, thank you cards, and contacting pastors... I'm working to get the last of my monthly missions support raised.

 Want to donate to my ministry in Senegal. Just click here and follow the prompts to give.

What am I excited about?

I'm so excited for my 4th graders to come back on Tuesday. I have so many new ideas I want to share with them. I can't wait! :)


What am I watching?

A friend told me about Sue Thomas, F.B.Eye. And I may or may not have spent an insane amount of time watching it this past week as a result. I loved it and am sad that it ended after only a few seasons. Major bummer :(


What am I reading?

I'm reading and journaling through the book of Acts right now. Acts has always been one of my most favorite books in the Bible. So


What am I listening to?

I say this all the time, but I truly do have an eclectic taste in music. If it has a good beat and clean lyrics, then I'll listen. I even wrote a blog post on this topic last week. Did you miss it? You can read it here.


What am I wearing?

Spring Break = Pajamas all day long... Seriously, it may be sad. But I don't care. I change out of my PJ's to get dressed to go to town. When I get home, back to PJs, I go :)



What am I doing this weekend?

As of now, I have no plans. And sometimes that's good. But after 2 weeks of being at home, I've realized I thrive on structure and my work. And I must say... I sure do miss those squirrely kiddos :)


What am I looking forward to next month?

I'll be speaking at elementary chapel in a couple weeks. And my class will be prepping throughout the month for 4th Grade's Chapel service in May. I'm praying that both of those go awesomely. I can't wait!

And honestly, I'm just looking forward to having that routine of teaching back. Y'all, I love my breaks as much as the next teacher. But I really do enjoy my time in the classroom. I love teaching!



What else is new?

I've registered for my last Berean (Global University) classes. When I'm done with these 6, I'll only need to take a test, sit in an interview, and somehow get back to Alabama's District Council in April 2017 and I'll be Ordained! Who would've thought? Little ol' me from small town Alabama would make it this far?! Not trying to brag or be prideful, but y'all... I honestly never thought I'd make it this far. So this is HUGE for me! :)

And since I don't have a picture to go with this answer, enjoy this one of my nieces that my brother sent me the other day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment