Tuesday, March 8, 2016

Life Lately


Life lately has included...

...being reunited with Senegalese food. Glorious, delicious Senegalese food.


  ...eating nems with some friends after work.


...embracing Star Wars, thanks to a few of my 4th graders who planned a fun act in our school's Senior Cafe (talent show).


. ..watching The Little Rascals with my students and laughing right along with them. Oh and laughing at their reaction when they found out that when this edition of the movie first came out, I was the same age as they are now.


...wishing my baby brother a Happy Birthday and missing him and his family so very much.


...searching out stores, full of overpriced (and not that great quality-wise) toys to find a fun gift for a kid I know.


...babysitting two stuffed animals belonging to one of my friends while he was at recess because "they might get lonely while he's gone."


...helping out in Kids Club again and being reminded about why I pushed to start it back all those years ago.





...cheering on my friends during our school's Olympic Days.



...buying one of my favorite candies and laughing at the translation of their name.


...hanging out with a friend/co-worker and her babies during lunch one day while they visited the front office and laughing later at how her 11 month old somehow managed to take a selfie while looking at himself on my phone.


...taking naps at the end of the day sometimes because boy, oh boy, is teaching sometimes exhausting :)


...bleaching my fruits and veggies and praying I don't get sick from all the who knows what that's on them.


...spending a few hours on a Saturday morning making 3 pots of soup, just so I could stock my freezer for those nights when I'm too tired to go home and cook. Soup, anyone? :)


...realizing that more than 10 months has passed since my dad's death and knowing that 11 months is almost here.


...learning a valuable lesson all because of a journal article I read when someone shared it on Facebook.

...feeling thankful and grateful for the 10 blessings God's placed in my life and being presented daily with ideas of why He sent me back here early.

No comments:

Post a Comment