Saturday, October 29, 2016

A Tea Date with a Friend

Image result for meme tea and friends

Today I'm joining Erin and Amber for their bi-monthly linkup where bloggers pretend they're on an imaginary coffee date with a friend and sharing stories about work, family, life, or anything else that's going on in our life. 

...except I'm modifying things a bit because anyone who knows me at all knows how much I despise coffee. Tea's where it's at :)

Image result for tea is better than coffee

Since we're pretending here, I'm choosing to believe that we'd be sitting at Starbucks and I would be drinking a Pumpkin Spice Chai Latte. I'd probably give a little happy sigh after I take my first sip of that pumpkiny goodness. 

Can you tell I'm missing it right now? :)

So if we were on a coffee/tea date, I'd want to fill you in on my life lately.

I'd tell you how I really, really miss Fall. I miss seeing the leaves changing colors. I miss the drop in temperature. I miss family. I miss it all... Anywho - I made a crockpot full of soup toward the end of last week. I think it was a way of pretending it's Fall :)



I'd also tell you that on top of that, I even baked cookies for my students. That may not seem like that big of a deal. But when it's this hot, I don't turn on my oven, as I don't want to heat up my entire apartment. But, you do what you've got to do. And sometimes that means baking cookies for your favorite group of 5th graders :)



And speaking of my 5th graders, I'd tell you how they are loving this science project we're doing. ...especially the research. Who knew that'd be their favorite part? :)

 

I'd tell you that a fun perk to teaching is watching them play basketball, or whatever else they're doing. It's so fun getting to watch them interacting with each other, outside of the classroom, and also getting to cheer them on at their games! 

 

I'd tell you that Kids Club is going well. It's so different this year, having so many adults available to help. There are times we're almost stepping over each other. But it works. And I'm so grateful to have so much help. And the kids are loving it each week! What a blessing we have to pour into the lives of our elementary kids, teaching them about the truth and love that is the one true God. I love it!

 

   

I'd tell you how I had slacked off on my book reading, but lately, I've started catching back up and that I've really really enjoyed doing so. I read One Plane Ticket from Normal over the course of a couple days last week and I loved it.

Image result for happy sigh after tea 

And speaking of reading... A friend sent me the book and complete Bible study guide set for Lysa Terkeurst's The Best Yes. I'm really looking forward to starting that soon.



I'm sure we'd both be hungry by this point, so I'd offer you some of this deliciousness...an incredibly rare treat in Senegal for sure.



And once we'd satisfied our sweet tooth, I'd get serious and ask you to help me pray about some things. Work (ministry), life, family, finances - There's just so much. I'd tell you that I know I need to just have faith in God, but I'd be honest with you and say that it's hard sometimes. God's teaching me a lesson in trust right now that's bigger than ever before and as even this morning I was presented with what seemed (and still seems) a bit like an impossible situation at the moment. But I know that I just have to remind myself, that my God is indeed a big God who can do so much. I just have to put my trust in Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment