Wednesday, March 29, 2017

What's Up March

Today I'm linking up with MelShay, and Sheaffer for this month's What's Up Wednesday post. That means it's the last Wednesday in March. It's also Spring Break for me so let me insert a celebratory WOOHOO in right about now :)

 


Every month we answer the same few questions based on how things are currently going in our lives. 

The questions are...

 

What am I eating this week?

I arrived back in the States 3 1/2 days ago. So I've been enjoying some good ol' Southern home cookin'. Is there anything better? I think not :)



What am I reminiscing about?

I was sitting in the Atlanta airport, watching planes taking off and started reminiscing about the very first flight I made to Senegal 7 1/2 years ago. It honestly seems like just yesterday. God has moved in such awesome ways in that time. And I can't wait to see what he has in store for my future in Senegal.



What am I loving?

It's SPRING BREAK!!!

What have I been up to?

My students did their Civil War Project presentations the 2 days leading up to Spring Break. I loved seeing their unique, creative sides come out!



 

What am I dreading?

Next month will be the 2nd anniversary of my dad's death. They say it gets easier as time goes on. I just don't know about that... It still hurts so very badly :(


What am I working on?

I'm working on raising funds for and awareness of the new Special Ed class I'm starting next year (which you can read about HERE) at my school. I'm actually in the U.S. the rest of this week and all of next week and will be speaking at quite a few schools and churches, spreading the word about this awesomeness and sharing my heart and passion for the incredible job God is blessing me with.

What am I excited about?

See above :)

Past that, I must say I'm pretty stoked to be able to hang out with my nieces (and the rest of my family too). I may not be here long, but a little time is better than no time :)

What am I watching?

I used up the last of an iTunes card from Christmas and downloaded a season of Guy's Grocery Games and totally binge watched half of it on the way back to the U.S. 



Guy's Grocery Games

What am I reading?

I didn't just watch tv on the plane/in the airports coming back to the States. I also read The Zookeeper's Wife, which was such an incredible book. I highly recommend it!


What am I listening to?

Nothing new - Anyone have good recommendations?

What am I wearing?

Not flip flops. That's for sure. Closed toe shoes have been in the major rotation since being back in the US, thanks to all the rain and semi-cold temps.

What am I doing this weekend?

My brother and his family are coming over this Saturday for dinner. Then I will be in Florala, Alabama on Sunday sharing my heart for that fabulous group of kids God's allowing me to teach next year. If you're near Florala, and want to hear me speak, I'll be at First Assembly Sunday morning and Liberty Hill Assembly Sunday night. And I'll probably be hanging out by the lake in between time :)

What am I looking forward to next month?

Elementary Camp - a super fun event for our elementary kids at DA. I can't wait :)

What else is new?

I finally got around to ordering my 2016 Photo a Day photo book from Shutterfly. I waited 'til they had a Free Book special going on and ordered it then. Plus, they had 40% off deal going on. So not only did I get a free book. I also got 40% off the shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment