Monday, January 1, 2018

One Word for 2018

Happy New Year!

In hopes of simplifying my life a bit, I'm changing up my New Year's Resolutions/Goals.

This year I'm focusing on one word...

Growth

In 2018, I'm going to focus on GROWTH in a few specific areas of my life...

Growth in my relationship with God

I want to grow deeper on my walk with the Lord this year. I want to grow to the point where my first instinct in times of trouble/confusion is to turn to prayer and His Word, rather than to advice from family or friends. I want to grow such a hunger for His Word, that it is the first book I pick up when I'm ready to relax and read. I want to grow in my relationship with God.

Growth in my career

I want to grow as a missionary teacher. I get the joy/blessing of having a career I truly LOVE. And I want to grow in that. I want to continue expanding my mind, growing in the knowledge needed to be the best missionary, the best teacher, the best missionary teacher I can be. I want to read and study. I want to explore and prepare. I want to grow in this career I so truly love.

Growth in my health

I want to grow healthier in 2018. I want to grow healthier - physically, spiritually, mentally. I plan to get in better shape. I plan to eat healthier. I plan to prevent some of the currently inevitable health conditions my family has dealt with. I plan to grow spiritually (see goal 1). And I plan to grow healthier mentally. I plan to include more positivity and less negativity in my life (see recent purchase below). I plan to spend more of my free time reading or expanding my mind, versus mindlessly scrolling through Facebook. I plan to include more free time in my often busy schedule. I plan to grow physically, spiritually, and mentally healthier. 

Growth in missions support

And since we're talking about needed growth... Another area in which I want (need) to see growth is in my missions support fundraising. I need to finish raising my budget. God has called me to Senegal to work with an incredible group of kids. But to continue long term at this, I need to raise the rest of my monthly commitments budget. If you're reading this today, and feel led to give, please click HERE or you can email me at enichols85@gmail.com for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment