Thursday, February 4, 2021

Currently

  Happy Thursday, Y'all

Today I'm joining Anne from In Residence for her monthly link-up, where we share what's currently going on in our lives. And each month, Anne gives us a list of prompts to use to guide our posts. 


February's prompts are...

  * loving *  reading * remembering * sharing * wishlisting *

I'm currently loving how sweet friends and co-workers have been, offering to make grocery store or veggie stand runs for me, delivering sweet treats at my door, etc. I do not have COVID. But because I flew internationally, I was required by my school to quarantine before starting back to work. And due to the higher "at risk" status of some of my students, we agreed that my quarantine should be for a full week. Thankfully, I still had more than enough sub plans still left for my crew, since I didn't know how long I would be staying in the US. Plus, my sub is amazing. So I’m loving that too :)


I'm currently reading my 7th book of the year. I knew this movie was coming out on Netflix soon (yesterday, actually) and that I wanted to watch it. But I wanted to read the book first. After all, 9 times out of 10, the book is better than the movie.


I'm currently remembering all the fun memories made with my family while in the States. I hate it took an injury to make the trip happen. But I am so very grateful for all the extra time I had with my people, in between my doctor/Physical Therapy appointments. 


I'm currently sharing little on the blog. I love writing. But for whatever reason, my heart just hasn't been in it lately. Maybe it's my brain's way of saying, take a break... 

I'm currently wishlisting nothing really... Well, maybe a few books I’d like to buy for myself next payday:)

 And since it's my blog and I can, I thought I'd share a couple more :)

I'm currently feeling glad to be back in Dakar. I may not be able to be back at work, seeing my students just yet. But still... It's nice to be back.


I'm currently resting a lot. I am sad to not be with my students. But I know they're in good hands. And so I am taking this week at home as a blessing in disguise. Time to slowly recover from jet lag and rest my ankles after all that travel... 

I'm currently eating this deliciousness. I made fajita chicken nachos and some homemade chips & salsa the other night for dinner. And since I made so much, I had leftovers yesterday and again today. 



I'm currently enjoying the class I'm taking. I'm learning so much from it. The textbook and other required readings are actually interesting. And my professor is amazing, too! Yay for "fun" learning times!


And that's about it for me.

So what about you?

What are you currently up to?

5 comments:

  1. How kind of your friends to drop off things for you while in quarantine! I never read Firefly Lane but I'm curious about the show. I think my mom would really like it.

    Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is always nice to be home:) Glad your travels went ok. And hooray for friends who run errands and bring sweet treats!! Oh, and for a great sub!! Happy February!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you made it back safely, and I hope your quarantine goes fast - but I guess it does give you some extra reading time :) Can't go wrong with fajitas for leftovers! Yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think we are going to watch Firefly Lane this weekend! It looks like the perfect show to watch over our snowy weekend.

    And I am so glad that you were able to visit with your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think the book is ALWAYS better than the movie -- except for maybe Crazy, Rich Asians. Enjoy your week of rest and I hope your ankle continues healing.

    I'm belatedly catching up on my "currently" reading :)

    ReplyDelete