Friday, February 12, 2021

The Little Things

Happy Saturday, Y'all


As of today, I have been back in Senegal for 2 weeks. And after a week of quarantine due to international travel, I have now been officially back at work for one full week. 

And I've been thinking...

My time in the States was necessary. I needed the time to take care of my ankles. I needed the time with my family. And I needed the time to rest. Physical rest, mental rest, and spiritual rest. So my time away was good.

But even if it was necessary and good, I still missed my people here. I missed seeing "my" kids. I missed my ministry -teaching. And while I was still doing many aspects of my job while in the States, I still missed actually being here.

But what I missed most were the seemingly little things that fill my day when teaching.

And as I sat at home last night, I thought... This is some of the stuff I love most about my job...


I love the seemingly ordinary, every day stuff that goes along with my job. 

I love helping students study for an upcoming test or prepping for a science experiment.

I love reading together as part of a class novel study or even coloring a picture as we review phonics sounds. 

I love teaching tricky math concepts and I love helping students revise their 600 word essay. 

I love practicing behavior management strategies and giving lessons on good conversation skills.

 I love having (and listening in on) the good, in-depth class discussions on Bible passages. 

I love all those moments that don't always have a picture to go along with them, yet they hold such a big place in my memories.

There are so many reasons that I love what I do. But today I’m focusing on some of the smaller things...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

  Today, I'm joining Erika and Andreafor their weekly Friday Favorites linkup and sharing about one of my current favorite parts of my job.


No comments:

Post a Comment