Monday, April 15, 2024

Hello Monday

 Happy Monday, Y'all

Today I'm joining Holly and Sarah, and a few other bloggers, for today's Hello Monday link-up, where we say Hello to Monday with a look at what's going on in our lives at the moment.

 So what's on my mind?

A lot. But 'tis the norm with me, I suppose.

Things like...

People - Spring Break was so quiet. I love having a couple days of down time, but I can't seem to enjoy going too long without seeing people. I guess that comes with being surrounded by people/noise all the time. You get used to it... Not to mention the fact that with me leaving, I'm feeling the desire even more to spend time with friends. I didn't get to do so as much over Spring Break as I would've liked. But I definitely enjoyed the couple of times I did.

My Mom - She's been my "secretary" the past few weeks, as places have called wanting to set up an interview with me. She takes their name and number and then I call them back. 'tis the best solution for me since I'm overseas, in a different time zone, and don't have a US number. Anywho - I told her I should be paying her for working so hard. 

My Dad - This Friday will make 9 years since my dad passed away. It's hard to believe that it's been that long. Boy, do I miss him!

My Apartment - It looks like a tornado hit. I've got piles everywhere, as I've started sorting through every drawer, cabinet, shelf, etc. There is a method to the madness. But I will be so very glad when this part of the big move is done. That is for sure!

Job Search - It's still going on. I've applied at a lot of places, interviewed at many of those, and even had to unfortunately turn down a couple jobs that just weren't the right fit for me at this point in life. I'm still praying that the right one will come along. And while I'd like to say I'm being patient in that waiting, I must admit, I'm not feeling as patient as I probably should. Ah, the unknowns in life...

Peanut Butter Cookies - I found THIS recipe for peanut butter cookies online the other day and I think I'm going to try it tonight. The best part of it is that it only uses 3 ingredients: peanut butter, sugar, and eggs. I'm a little skeptical, if I'm being honest. But we'll see.

Brooklyn 99 - I watched a lot of this show over Spring Break, in between sorting and packing. And sometimes, I just had it playing in the background to make a little noise. It's such a funny one. I'm not sure why I didn't get into it when it first came out.

My Students - School starts back today. And we only have 7 1/2 weeks left before this school year is done. I've always said that time seems to fly by after Spring Break. And I imagine it will even more so this year. This time is so bittersweet. I'm, by no means, ready to say goodbye to these kids who have stolen my heart (whether I teach them or are their class sponsor). But I'm so excited to see what God has in store for all of these kids - whether they're graduating this year or not. I've been so blessed to have had the opportunity to teach and/or work with such incredible kids. I really have been!

And I guess that's about it for today.

What's on your mind today?

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for linking up with us! It is so nice to find your blog and I look forward to following along!

    ReplyDelete