Monday, April 22, 2024

Hello Monday

  Happy Monday, Y'all

Today I'm joining Holly and Sarah, and a few other bloggers, for today's Hello Monday link-up, where we say Hello to Monday with a look at what's going on in our lives at the moment.

 So what's on my mind?

A lot. But 'tis the norm with me, I suppose.

Things like...

JSB - Our Junior Senior Banquet (similar to a prom in the US) was this past weekend and as one of the sponsors for the senior class, I got to attend. It's so fun to see the kids excitedly milling about, all dressed up in their fanciest clothes, having the times of their lives. It was a great night!


Job Search - People keep asking me if I've found a job for when I get back to the US. So far, my answer is still no. I'm applying and interviewing and waiting... I'm still holding out hope for a couple that I haven't heard back from. That, and still applying when good ones come open. Ah, waiting and unknowns... You're such a not so fun part of life. Just saying.


9 - That's how many years it's been (today, actually) since my dad's funeral. I wrote some reflections on the anniversary of his death the other day, which you could read HERE. Thankfully, it was a school day and clearly I was busy with teaching incredible humans all day so I was busy. But after school, when I was left alone with my thoughts... That's when the sadness hit. I wonder if it'll ever not hit me so hard on the day.


Dress Ideas - I want to have a couple things made before I leave Senegal. I'm planning to go fabric shopping next weekend. The pictures below are what I've gotten my inspiration ideas down to. I'm not saying I necessarily like the same colors/fabric designs. But I do like certain elements of each one. And once I find the fabric I like, I'll settle on which dress I want made...

What I'm Reading - I wanted to read a fun "fluff" book, as I call it. Nothing heavy or super thought provoking... So when I saw this one on the shelf in the library at the school, I grabbed it.  I haven't finished it yet. But so far, so good.



And I guess that's about it for today.

What's on your mind today?

1 comment:

  1. Oh the breakfast sounds like so much fun! Sending you hugs as you remember your dad and that book looks so cute- I may pick it up :)

    ReplyDelete