Wednesday, April 4, 2012

The 6th Dear ______ Post...a few days late

Welcome to the London Vacation version of a "Dear ______" post...a few days late :)

Dear Green Grass, Wow! I forgot how beautiful you are and how much I missed you. And yes, I did take my picture beside you like the green grass-deprived person I am. :)

Dear Closed Toe Shoes, Man, I do not enjoy you. While I appreciated you keeping my feet warm and dry, I came to realize that my feet have a major case of claustrophobia. Yep, that's it. This girl is a lover of flip flops. That's for sure.

Dear British Accent, I love you...especially on cute British men. Let's be honest. :) Anyways, I wish I could perform you correctly. But alas, my "Southernese" accent just doesn't cooperate.

Dear Underground (aka the Tube or the Subway), I didn't think it could be done but it could. I mastered you and your complicated map of lines and changes and overall confusingness. :)

Dear Grad School Professor, Thank you for giving me an extension on this week's assignment. It was so nice to not have to worry about doing any assignments while on this trip.

Dear Dakar, While I'm grateful for this vacation and time away from you, I still miss you and am looking forward to being reunited with you in a few days. :)   

Dear Grocery Stores, I loved walking up and down your neatly arranged rows, looking at vegetables that were (gasp!) clean enough to eat on the spot, at the variety of choices, including many American products, and at aisles and aisles of labels written in English. ...but just so you know, quite a lot of things I could buy more inexpensively in Dakar. Go Dakar! :)

Dear New Testament, Lately I've been focusing my daily Bible reading in you. I feel like I'm finishing something "new" every day. I love that. I love reading passages of scripture that I've read many times before, but having something "new" catch my eye. Isn't God so cool for allowing that to happen?! 

Dear God, I feel so blessed to have gotten this opportunity to visit this amazing city, to see places I've always dreamed of seeing, and to enjoy this time of relaxation and refreshment. I'll never forget this trip. That's for sure. And I look forward to coming back here again. :)

1 comment: