Saturday, April 28, 2012

The 10th Dear ________ Post

Dear Mom and Dad, Today is your anniversary. 28 years...Wow! I pray that one day I'm as blessed as the two of you and to have just half the love the two of you share. I love you both so very much! Happy Anniversary!

Dear Late Nights, You and I just do not work well together. I start shutting down around 10:00. I'm such an old person, aren't I? :)

Dear Thursday, According to my first graders, you were the best day ever! :) We made pizza and cookies and then we went to visit our local pond and zoo for a fun field trip, followed by a picnic lunch (of our homemade pizza and cookies, chips, and carrot sticks) at the park. While I was so tired and slept like a baby that night, it was so worth it to see those excited, smiling faces all day. Thanks for being such an awesome day Thursday.

Dear Sunscreen, Why are you so easily forgotten? Can you say, ouch?!

Dear Introduction to Pentecostal Doctrine, You're one of the Berean (AG licensing) courses I'm taking right now. I have learned so much! You have so much information packed into one book. I am definitely loving you!

Dear Entertaining, I love you. I love having people over. I love cooking for people. I really am a people person. :) For various reasons, I haven't been able to do this much, but I really love it when I do. And I'm looking forward to definitely being able to do this a lot more next year.

Dear Ceramic Travel Mug, At first, I considered not buying you. After all, you're heavy and take up a little more of my luggage weight allotment than I'd prefer. However, in the end, I am so glad I did decide to buy you. You are the perfect size for my morning cup of tea and the best part is that you are microwaveable!

Dear A Year Ago Yesterday, You weren't that great of a day. A large portion of my home state of Alabama was wiped out by tornadoes. There were so many lives lost that day. ...not to mention all the homes and businesses gone too. Many places Alabama were forever affected by this and, while they're in the process of rebuilding, will never be the same. A little closer to "home," on this day last year, my dad was in a hospital who had a wing clipped by one of the many tornadoes. My dad's health was already in limbo, having recently recovered from 2 heart attacks, a few surgeries, and a severe bout of peritonitis that almost killed him. His recovery was in limbo at the time. We really didn't know if he'd make it. But, A Year Ago Yesterday, we didn't know what we know today and my dad is still here with us today and hopefully will be for a long, long, long time! :)

Dear Breakfast, I normally don't eat you. But since I've been staying with kids that do eat breakfast and making it for them, I've been enjoying your morning goodness. And Breakfast, I think you and I will now have a lasting morning partnership.

Dear Longest Work Day of the School Year, You were yesterday. While it is an extremely exhausting day - having to be at school at 7:20 a.m. and not being able to leave until around 10:00 p.m., it's actually worth it. Getting to see all of those big smiles on the kids' faces, hearing reports of children praying the sinner's prayer, hearing the kids excitedly tell their parents about all the fun they had... It makes up for the exhaustion felt by the teachers. I really do so love my job! :)








No comments:

Post a Comment