Saturday, May 19, 2012

The 13th Dear ___________ Post

Dear Picture Sent to me by a Friend, You made me smile! 

Dear Day Off From School, You happened yesterday. And you, day off, are quite awesome! It was so nice to be able to lounge around in my pj's most of the morning, get some packing done, get some studying done, take a nap, etc. I must say - I could definitely get used to days like this! :)

Dear The Vow, You were an amazingly wonderful book! Oh my word - It was so refreshing to read an inspirational love story - a story based off love between two Christians, who based their lives off of God and His Holy Word. BUT then I watched the movie. Oh my word - so disappointing! It was nothing like the book. It was incredibly inappropriate! Boo Hollywood!

Dear Ladies Movie Night, You were last night. You were so much fun! It was so nice to kick back, relax, eat yummy goodies, and watch a movie with the ladies I work with. I loved it!

Dear M&Ms, I think you're awesome. I've been slowly rationing your milk chocolatey goodness ever since I bought a big bag of you. Sadly, you're slowly dwindling away. Don't worry though. Our relationship isn't over. I'll be in the USA soon and will buy more of you. :)

Dear Patience, Late this week I finally saw a little of the results of having you for so long about a certain situation. While I would've preferred it to not have taken this long, it was nice to finally "see" this one answered.

Dear Sorting and Packing, I FINALLY started you this week. I really haven't been looking forward to you. However, it was nice to finally get started. Now my goal is to make a BIG dent in you throughout the rest of this weekend. Wish me luck Bloggerland. Wish me luck.

Dear Choosing Hope, You were the topic of a blog post I read this week. I opened this post on one of my hardest days, at a point when I'd been (literally) crying out to God, about some things in my life in which I felt there was no hope. You, blog post, came at just the right time. (FYI...The post I'm referring to, was written by a missionary friend, and can be found here.)

Dear Praxis Test, I registered for you this week. I'll be taking you 2 (yes, two) days after I land this summer. Let's hope jet lag and standardized testing mix well. :)

Dear Cherry Coke, I treated myself by buying a bottle of you yesterday. Thanks for the yummy-ness :)

Dear 19, You are the number of days left 'til I get to Sweet Home Alabama. I just love how low this number is now! :)

Dear Pennies, While teaching about you this week, I accidentally mispronounced you and said "panties" instead. Oh my! I was totally embarrassed due to the comments that came out of my first graders' mouths, especially when one sweet innocent girl decides to show off hers to the boy that didn't know what they were. Ah...Pennies, thanks for the laugh this week.

Dear 5 a.m., Thanks to my internal alarm clock being seemingly permanently set to you, I've gotten a lot of work done this weekend. While I would have preferred to sleep a little (or a lot) later, I must admit that the productivity that came from those few extra hours was pretty nice.

Dear Summer Internship, I should've known everything about you a few weeks ago, but your details keep changing. It's getting a little frustrating that planning my summer is on hold since I don't know yet when I'll be where. So, internship, if you could get yourself worked out soon, I'd really really appreciate it. Thank you.

Dear God, I'll be honest. I've always wondered why you don't answer prayers right away. In fact, at this point in my life, I have quite a few prayers waiting to be answered. And as I was praying the other night, crying out to you, asking why you're not answering them, you revealed something to me. Yes I may be going through a rough patch right now. Yes, my family members have not yet been healed. Yes I may still be feeling hurt about a certain situation, but You Oh God are still in control. What about David or Zechariah or Abraham and Sarah? They all waited LONG times (...years, even) for their prayers to be answered. God, you changed my perspective. You have a reason for everything. And you have a reason for choosing to not answer my prayers right now. I just have to trust in you God. And I do. God, I trust in you completely.









No comments:

Post a Comment