Saturday, May 26, 2012

The 14th Dear ________ Post

Dear Report Cards, You have to be finished in a few days. I only have a little bit of you left to work on when I go to my classroom tonight. I actually didn't leave you 'til the last minute like usual this time. But still, I need to be honest with you. I think you are my least favorite part of my job. ...just sayin'.

Dear Fresh Fruit, I couldn't seem to get enough of you this week. Apples, oranges, mangoes, pineapple, cantaloupe...Yum!

Dear Staff Dinner, You were so nice Monday night. It was nice to get a chance to sit and chat with my fellow DA teacher friends, enjoy beautiful scenery, and eat delicious food. ...and the fact that the meal was free was nice too. :)

Dear Internship for Grad School, I don't understand why you had to thoroughly mess up my summer plans. I don't understand why you had to be longer than my advisor has told me all along. I don't understand why you couldn't be nice and cooperative. BUT with that said, I know this is the time God wants me to complete you. I know that God has a plan for everything. And I know that I'm going to enjoy my time in good ol' Mobile.

Dear Pumice Stone, I love how you work diligently to clean away the Senegalese dirt from the bottom of my feet. In a sandy place where walking is my primary mode of transportation, you, pumice stone, are a much needed and valued product to me.

Dear Hurt Feelings, Your'e not fun at all. I experienced you towards the end of this week. Why do I let myself get to that point, though? Why do I get my hopes up about something someone says? Why do I let someone else's actions disappoint me and hurt my feelings? Why can't I just ignore it and let it go?

Dear Dr. Pepper, You've never been my #1 choice of soft drinks, but I do tolerate you. I had an ice cold can of you yesterday and oh my goodness...you were amazing, absolutely amazing!

Dear Friend (the word, not a certain person), You are a word I don't use lightly. I don't call just anyone my friend. So,  when I consider someone my friend, or when someone considers me their friend, that means something to me. It's so weird for me to hear people (teenagers and adults alike - both in every day life and on Facebook) calling people their friends and then not treating them that way. I don't understand that.


Dear Vendor at the Market, You may call me "your sister," "nice lady," and my oh-so-NOT-personal favorite, "pretty mama." You may try to lure me into your shop with English words and flattery, but Vendor Man, even though it doesn't work, I will give you an A for effort. :)

Dear Cute African Baby Dress, I bought you today for my soon-to-be-born niece. You are so adorable! I can't wait 'til she's born and can wear it! :)

Dear Hot Dogs and French Fries, I have been wanting you for a while now. So I broke my "not buying any new food 'til I leave" rule today and bought you. Yay for what will be a yummy supper tonight!

Dear Nap Time, When I was a child, I never appreciated your awesomeness. But now that I'm older, let me tell you nap time, I think you are just tops! You are a much anticipated weekend event. I look forward to Saturday or Sunday afternoons when I'm able to experience your sleepy-time goodness. :) 





No comments:

Post a Comment