Sunday, June 1, 2014

Things I Never Thought I'd Say

After living in Dakar for 5 years, I've come to realize that certain things said would only make sense here in Dakar.

The ones that are the most common are ones that involve obama (a flavor of ice cream, found here in Dakar), like the one below.

My friend thought it'd be a nice idea for she and I to share obama last week :)
Or how about the time at Thanksgiving, when we were asked for one "silly" type item we were thankful for. My response... "I love obama so much! That's what I'm thankful for." And then one time, I posted the following excitement on Facebook...

Why yes... Yes, I did get excited about an obama t-shirt :)

The silliness continues when giving directions in Dakar...
A fellow Dakar expat wrote this one on Facebook the other day. ...so true!

I think about when I direct a taxi driver on how to get to my apartment building... Go to Hann Maristes. Go near the Catholic school, but turn left a little before the school. See that blue boutique (little shop) there? You go straight by it and then stop at the multi-colored building that's not finished yet.

Or how about this next one...

I love this restaurant for 2 reasons (besides being delicious)... 1) Its name is Yum Yum. 2) It serves pizza AND donuts. What a combo, huh? :)

Or this one...

What?! You don't read a blog, called The Gazelle Skirt?! Well you should. Go there now and check it out. ...if you're into fashion and stuff like that and if you're a girl. ...otherwise, you might not like it as much :)

No comments:

Post a Comment