Wednesday, June 4, 2014

My One Thousand Gifts #'s 203 - 209


Each week, I'm highlighting new items I've added to my list of one thousand gifts. These aren't always big things. In fact, sometimes it's the littlest things that stick out the most. 

This week, I've added 7 new things...

#203 - a fun JSB

This past Saturday was DA's Junior Senior Banquet (think prom, but without the dancing). And it was fabulous! The juniors did an awesome job at decorating and at making the night incredibly special for the seniors. The location was georgeous. The food was delicious. And I got to sit with some of my most favorite people, making the company nice too! 

204 - a new pair of brown shoes

I needed a new pair of brown flip flops, since my only pair sadly "died" not long ago. And thankfully, I found a pair at an artisan sale this past weekend AND the guy was selling them for a great price! So yay!

#204 - an awesome travel agent

I'm thankful for a travel agent that replies quickly, even on the weekends. She totally rocked at making the necessary changes to my ticket for this weekend and made it an incredibly easy process.

#205 - my brother's excitement at picking me up

It made me so happy to hear him sounding happy/excited to pick me up. I'm a lucky blessed girl to have such an awesome brother! :)

#206 - not having to give exams

I am so thankful I didn't have to give final exams. Why? ...because I was basically finished with all of my work on Monday. I only had some really little things to do the other days, so I have been able to help my friend pack up her classroom, and help another friend with some office work the rest of the time.

#207 - one last N'ice Cream/obama run

This is my "I'm sad because I won't be able to have obama ice cream for at least a year" face :)

#208 - compliments after posting a picture on Facebook

Talk about making a girl feel good about herself! :) And here's the photo...


#209 - a super sweet note from a student

I was eating lunch yesterday when our office manager came in and said I had a student waiting to see me. When I went to see what she needed, she handed me the most beautifully written note, thanking me for all the ways I've helped her this year, and telling me how she feels she's improved this year. It definitely made me cry. This girl is definitely one of my favorites... She's the one that made me like teaching high schoolers. I'm so grateful for the opportunity - the privilege - to have taught her this year! What a gift she was in my life this year!

And in case you want a recap of the other things on my list, you can find them below...

No comments:

Post a Comment