Wednesday, June 18, 2014

My One Thousand Gifts #'s 210 - 218



Each week, I'm highlighting new items I've added to my list of one thousand gifts. These aren't always big things. In fact, sometimes it's the littlest things that stick out the most. 

This week, I've added 9 new things...

#210 - a reason for a sad goodbye

My hardest goodbye was the one I had at the airport in Dakar. I hate crying in public, but that definitely didn't stop me from doing it at the airport while saying goodbye to my closest friend in Dakar and her family. The poor Senegalese guy that helped me carry my bags in was so concerned. It was sweet. But you know, even in the sadness... I can't help but be thankful. Why? ...because I had a good reason for this sad goodbye. The friendship I have with this lady, the "adopted family" I have with this family... Those are true blessings and helped me see the good in a a really, really sad goodbye.

#211 - travel buddies

It's always nicer to travel with someone, rather then by myself. So it was nice to have a few travel buddies...at least for the first leg :)

#212 - time with my brother

My brother picked me up from the airport and it was nice to have that extra bit of time with him. I do kind of like him after all :)

#213 - no jet lag

For the first time in EVER, I did not experience any jet lag at all! Although one they I think of it, this really shouldn't be listed as a "little" thing I'm thankful for, but instead a HUGE thing.

#214 - cruise control

I tend to have a "lead foot," so I'm definitely thankful for cruise control helping me drive the speed limit at all times :)

#215 - time with family


It's so nice being back with family again. 


#216 - a "free" flight


Thanks to a lot of flying over the years, I've accumulated quite the collection of airline miles and I've finally decided to use them for a "free" flight next month to Texas to visit a friend. I can't wait :)


#217 - a GPS


...because sometimes a person as directionally challenged as myself needs a little help :)


#218 - being qualified to teach in 3 different areas


When it came time to look for teaching jobs, I realized just how important this is. Thanks to being trained in Elementary Ed., Special Ed., and ESL, I have so many more jobs I can apply for. Now if one of those will just hire me... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment