Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Alphabetical Randomness

I...

...am apparently really afraid to stay by myself at night at home. I didn't realize just how much so until my mom has been gone this past week staying with my dad at the hospital. Yes I am 29. And yes I have lived by myself - in a foreign country no less. But for some reason, here is where I'm most afraid to stay by myself at night. It's weird. I know :)

...bought my ticket for my 2 week summer trip to Dakar. Only 98 more days 'til I leave :)

...am not a big chocolate eater, but occasionally I get the taste for some. I'm thankful for the big bag of Hershey's kisses I got for Christmas to help me with a tiny taste to kill that sweet tooth at times like that. 

...love the David Crowder Band song, O Praise  Him. It's my new favorite worship song. It's great!

...am eager to get the book in that I'll be using to teach Sunday School (starting next month). I really believe it'll be a great book to teach from and I pray it'll be a blessing to our class (and myself) to learn from. 

...am not a fan of the dark - especially at night when I'm home all alone. Just sayin' 

...had green grapes for breakfast this morning. Yum!

...haven't watched much tv these past few weeks. And I must admit that I've enjoyed it :)

...am intrigued when I notice patterns of misbehavior in students. It's not natural for a child to constantly get in trouble and do things wrong. I truly believe there is a reason a child acts that way. And if it's one of "my" kids, then I take on the role of investigator and find out what is going on.

...am glad my job is not one that requires me to be outside for extended lengths of time. It is so cold right now. I don't think I'd make it!

...think kindergarteners don't realize how lucky they are to have nap time every day. Oh what I'd give for that :)

...am looking forward to District Council in April. 100 years! Wow!

...will be teaching the math small groups for one of the Gen. Ed. classes I visit every day. It's both exciting and a little scary too. Have you seen 4th grade math these days? :)

...need a vacation. Or maybe I should say I want a vacation. Either way, it'd be great if it could happen soon :)

...often feel like I live at the gas station, since I'm there so much here lately. Between work, church, and visiting my dad in the hospital, as much as possible I'm using way more gasoline than normal. Here's hoping I don't go broke before payday at the end of the month. 

...printed a color by number sheet for one of my kids to help her practice her math facts and you would've thought I'd given her a million bucks :)

...question why some people in customer service positions have those jobs. If you are consistently rude and acts as if you hate your job, why be there? I don't get it.

...am so ready for Spring Break! I'm looking forward to a nice staycation where I'll hopefully be able to catch up on sleep before the last two months, which will be my busiest, try to kick my tail :)

...shared Krispy Kreme donuts with my kids today. Go me earning cool points :)

...am thankful for a Savior who listens to, and answers my prayers.  

...am using Imagine Dragon's song, On Top Of The World, as my alarm clock sound. Such a good song!

...value the advice of more experiences teachers. Why struggle and try to reinvent the wheel? Ask for help and ideas. It's just the smart thing to do.

...watched the 19 Kids and Counting season premiere last night. I so love this show!

And now I'm just being a little too lazy to think of something for X, Y, and Z :)

No comments:

Post a Comment