Sunday, February 1, 2015

Hello February


Hello February 2015. You started today. I'm glad to welcome your arrival with my Hello February post.

This month I plan to say Hello to...

1. Conversation Hearts candy - These are, by far, my most favorite kind of candy! I absolutely positively love them! I totally plan to stock up after Valentine's Day (when they're on sale), so I'll have some the rest of the year :)


2. Black History Month - I've got so many fun activities planned for this month. I want my students to know about these courageous men and women who paved the path for them to be who/where they are today.


3. Visiting the Capitol - I am ashamed to say that I am a bad Alabamian because I have never been to my state capitol building. But I was told today that I'd be going with one of our grades on a field trip to the capitol this coming week. So I'm excited :)


4. More of the Bible - I've been reading and journaling through the Bible and am loving it. God is pointing out so much to me through this deeper study of His Word. I can't wait to see what pops out at me this month!


5. Common Core Training - This is the first year I've ever taught, using Common Core. So I'm so behind the times. I'm planning on doing a little self-teaching/training on it. But I'd love to find a workshop or conference on CCRS in Alabama that I could attend, since the only one I've found is out of state and quite pricey. *So if any of my teacher buddies are reading this and know of something, please let me know :)





No comments:

Post a Comment