Wednesday, October 7, 2015

My Faith - What It's Not

Yesterday I wrote the first post in my "All About My Faith" series. It was an answer to the question... 

My Faith - What is it?

* If you missed it, just click on the "older posts" link at the bottom right of this page.

So since yesterday I wrote about what it IS, I thought I'd do the opposite today and write...

My Faith - What It's Not

I gave a list of ways to describe what my faith is...

But do you know what it's not?

It is NOT being someone's judge.

It is also NOT accepting someone's sinful lifestyle in the name of "love."

It is NOT picking and choosing what I want to believe from the Bible.

It is NOT hating someone for possessing different beliefs from my own.

It is NOT shoving the Bible down someone's throat, forcing them to believe the way I do.

It is NOT only praising God when life is good.

It is NOT only praying when I need something.

It is NOT not being ashamed to share the Word.

It is NOT making my own plans without consulting God.

It is NOT being unsure of my life after death.

That is what my faith is NOT.

Tomorrow I'll be continuing with my series on "All About My Faith" and I'll be talking about fasting

Come back and check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment