Sunday, April 24, 2016

Letters on a Sunday

Happy Sunday Ladies and Gents!

What's on my mind today?

Dear Learning a New Language, You can be super difficult. A person often feels totally frustrated and like banging their head against the wall because they start off with the vocabulary of a 2 year old (or younger).  But it's totally worth it.

Dear Youtube Video that Discussed This, Something the lady that created you said stuck with me... She said that learning a new language really isn't about you. It's about the person you're communicating with - the person who calls this language their native language. Do you care enough about that person (or those people) to communicate with them effectively in their own language?

Dear Kids, It's no fair how fast you pick up language learning lessons. You do so far quicker than that majority of us, adults. You don't seem to be as worried about sounding like a dummy. Whereas we adults are so paranoid about saying things perfectly, so we often choose not to communicate in the language right away.

Dear Grief, You come and go. It's kind of like waves in the ocean. Sometimes they're strong and knock you off your feet. Other times, they barely move you. But overall, I'd say you've loosened your grip on my heart lately. So thanks for that. I definitely appreciate it.

Dear Friendship, You truly are a gift.

Dear Laughter, You are good for the soul.

Dear Power Cuts, Why do you tend to cut at the worst possible times? Honestly, why do you even exist? No one likes you. If you didn't happen, you'd make all of us far happier. That's for sure.

Dear Mountain Dew, My oh my, do you have a lot of caffeine. If a person goes a few months without drinking you and then has a can, they'll understand. Oh my word... I don't know why I do this to myself. You make my heart race and make me feel horrible. 

Dear "Stressed Out," by Twenty One Pilots, You are a good song. One of my kids asked if I'd ever heard you. So since I hadn't, I googled your lyrics and then listened to you. 

Dear Last 6 Berean Classes, I'm officially registered for you. The books I need for you are here at my home. I'm so ready to learn from you (and finish you too).

Dear Almost Finished, It's so crazy to think I'm actually almost finished with my Berean classes and I'm super close to receiving my Ordination. 

Dear God's Goodness and Grace, I'm so thankful for you. I'm reminded of you so very often. To see how you've blessed my life throughout this past year is so humbling. Thank you.

Dear A Month and A Half, You're about how much time is left 'til I get back to the States for meetings and trainings, services and programs, missionary support raising, family time, friend time, and a little I love America time :)

Dear Filling Up My Calendar, You're what I've been doing lately. I've still got a little bit left to raise before I will be 100% fully funded by the Assemblies of God. So if anyone's reading this and wants me to come share with your church, small group, class, etc., please let me know. My email address is enichols85@gmail.com. 

No comments:

Post a Comment