Thursday, April 7, 2016

Thursday's Thoughts Linkup


It's Thursday. So that means I'm joining Annie at Home of Malones and Natalie from East Coast Chic for their Thoughts for Thursday link-up...

So what's on my mind today?


The body truly is an amazing thing. We watched the two videos below in class earlier this week. My kids LOVED them and were on the edges of their seats the whole time. And afterwards, they had the best questions. What a fun teachable moment we had! I love my crew's genuine thirst for knowledge! It's great!

"How the Ear Works" *Source*

"How Hearing Aids Work" *Source*


I normally stay late after school and work. Well, last night, I actually got home before 5:00. So since I had a little extra time and wasn't totally exhausted, I made a pot of soup for supper. Y'all, it was delicious! It was supposed to be chicken taco soup, but I couldn't find any red beans at the store. So it was modified a bit. But man, was it tasty. Then on the side I made a little cheesy garlic bread. Yum!




I started a new behavior plan with my kiddos this week. If you do something "really good" (i.e. above and beyond just being a good student and following the rules), you get to draw a number for your bingo card. If you do something really bad, you have to erase a mark. When you get 5 in a row, you get a prize. I'm trying really hard to focus more on positive reinforcement of good behaviors. So, insert Behavior Bingo :)



The On this Day app on Facebook is great for bringing back good (and sometimes bad) memories. Yesterday's was nice because it reminded me of last year's Easter egg hunt at my home church. My sister-in-law and I took my two nieces and they had the best time! It was such a fun day and the picture memories definitely put a smile on my face yesterday!



We just finished up Spring Break. It was so nice to have 2 WHOLE WEEKS with no alarm clock set. Seriously... y'all have no idea! :) 

I went to the beach for a few days with some friends. I tried out a couple new (to me) restaurants. Hello Chinese place and Redstone. I'm talking to you. I stocked up on the essentials at the American Food Store. You know what the essentials are. Right? Dr. Pepper, Cake Mix, Mac & Cheese, Siracha. I binge watched the entire series of Sue Thomas, F.B. Eye and LOVED it! I hung out with friends. There were lunch and dinner invites, families letting me invade their family time, game nights, and more. And I finally feel like I was able to slow down for the first time since the beginning of January. 

It was glorious. Well, it was glorious until close to the end when I started to go stir crazy because I'd been stuck inside my apartment for far too long. The introverted side of me loved the peace and quiet and the solitude. The extroverted side of me had hit my limit and needed to interact with people :)

Anywho - All in all, I'd say it was a good Break. And it was just what I needed to re-energize me and get me ready for this last Quarter at school. It's crazy to think that in 2 months (minus 2 days, but who's counting), I'll be back in Alabama loving on those 2 cute little girls in my "#4 thought" for today :)

No comments:

Post a Comment