Friday, June 10, 2016

Friday Favorites

 

I'm linking up with NarciAndrea and Erika today and sharing some of my favorites from the week. 

This week's been a busy one...

I landed back in the U. S. of A. on Sunday evening, after having my not so favorite experience of sitting for hours at a time, cramped in a plane seat...

 

But even with the cramped seats, I was still able to add a few favorites to my list...

1. A favorite happened as a result of a layover in the Paris airport... Eating really good pain au chocolat is always a favorite .

 

2. One of my all-time favorite parts of flying has always been looking out the plane window and seeing the beautiful sky...

 

3. Another favorite of flying internationally is that moment I go through customs in the US and hear the agent checking my passport say, "Welcome home Ma'am." America might be going through some stuff. We may be not as great as we once was. But I love this country. And I'm proud to call it my home...

 

And now, let's be honest... Those 3 favorites are great. But do any of them earn the #1 spot on my list of favorites

No. That spot is reserved for my absolute favorite part of flying home from Senegal...

I get to see my favorite people... My family :)

My nieces...

 

My brother and sister-in-law...

 

And my Mama...

 

But my favorites haven't only centered around flying home...

I introduced my mom to a favorite game... 

 

I've gotten to see a favorite view when visiting my brother's family... I love looking out at the wide open field and seeing the cows grazing. It's just so peaceful and beautiful!

 

Another favorite view is the sky. Oh my at the beautiful sunsets when I'm driving at night...

 

I've also enjoyed getting to eat some of my favorites again. I love love love Mexican food!

 

And I tried a new flavor of beef jerky...Korean BBQ. It was quickly added to my list of favorites. Yum!

 

And of course there's my favorite hot beverage...

 

All in all, I'd say my first week back was a good one. It's good to be home...even if only for a short time.

I mean, how could it not be while seeing cuteness like this? :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment