Saturday, June 11, 2016

Q & A - Back in America Edition

Since arriving back in America last week, I've been answering all sorts of questions. ...which I love by the way. I love seeing the curiosity people have about my missions work. And I love to share my passion for the school I teach at, for the country of Senegal, and for missions in general.

So I thought I'd share a few of the most common questions...

Are you glad to be back?

I am. It's so nice getting to see family, sharing about my work in Senegal, and soaking up life in America even if only for a little while :)

What is the best part about being back?

Family

Why are you so busy? You're supposed to rest. This is your vacation!

I only have 6 weeks in the States and I still have support left to raise. So I've got to do quite a bit of traveling to work on that. I'll rest when I get back to Dakar ;)

You're still not finished raising support?!

I only have $275 in monthly commitments left to raise. That's only 11 churches or people at $25/mo. Anyone reading this want to help me with rhis? :)

How can people support you?

Send me an email at enichols85@gmail.com and I'll get you set up.

How long will you be gone when you go back this time?

1 year - I'll be back next June. 

Will you have the same job?

I'll still be at the same school. But I'll be teaching 5th grade. And I'll also be taking back over the Kids Club program.

Can we write you? 

Yes! Not to sound corny and cliche, but getting "fun" mail is such a bright spot to a day. Send me an email and I'll give you my mailing address.

What is one thing you wish people knew about your missions work?

I have an amazing opportunity to pour into the lives of students (and their families too) from countries where I wouldn't be able to go as a missionary. I have the blessing of being able to share the love and truth of the One True God with the kids who come through those school doors. 

I keep thinking of more questions. Can I email you?

Of course! Ask away! :) Either comment on this post or send me an email and I'll get back to you as soon as I can.

Do you have any specific prayer requests?

Pray I get the rest of my financial support raised. Pray for health and safety while traveling this summer. Also, my funds are limited. So help me pray for wisdom in buying/packing supplies to take back to Senegal. And if you're not above praying for a computer... Mine has chosen to act up. And since I really really can't afford a new one, help me pray it miraculously fixes itself or that the funds for a new computer miraculously appear.

No comments:

Post a Comment