Monday, June 27, 2016

Red, White, and Blue

 


Today I'm linking up with Andrea and Erika and chatting about RED, WHITE, and BLUE.

I thought about doing something super clever and talk about a few different red things, a few different blue things, and a few different white things. 

But you know...

My mind kept going back to one thing.

This flag...

 

I think about what this flag stands for.

 

I'm thankful for men and women who have sacrificed their lives to keep my family, friends, myself, and my home country safe.

 

I'm thankful for the men and women still fighting for our freedom.

 

I'm thankful for the freedom I have...

 

I'm thankful to be from a country who offers freedom of religion.

 

I'm thankful to be from a country where I, as a woman, have the right to vote AND be equal to men.

 

I'm thankful for the support available and presence of my embassy in the country God called me to all those years ago.

 

I'm thankful for the RED, WHITE, and BLUE.

 

My home country may have its struggles. It may be facing political and moral dilemmas right now. It may not be perfect.

But its not all bad.

Y'all, I'm proud to be an American.

And I'm proud to call the RED, WHITE, and BLUE mine :)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment