Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Coffee Date

Today I'm joining Erin this month's Coffee Date link-up, where we pretend that we are on a coffee date with a friend, sharing about our lives at the moment. 

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

If we were on a coffee date, I'd probably be the lame person drinking water. I've been having trouble sleeping lately. So I'm trying to drink no caffeine after lunch and instead drink lots of water. 

If we were on a coffee date, I'd show off the book in the picture above, which came in the mail yesterday. Thanks to an Amazon gift card from a friend (with a note that said I better buy something fun for myself with the card), I bought The Zookeeper's Wife by Diane Ackerman. My goal is to save it to read on the plane (only 1 1/2 weeks left - eek!). We'll see if I can wait that long :)

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that my To Do List is ridiculously long. I worked a LOT this past weekend, in hopes of not having to work so much this coming weekend. But that doesn't look likely. But that's okay... At least I love what I do :)


If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that I passed out the info sheets on a big Social Studies project to my 5th graders yesterday. They all seemed super excited about it and were already discussing their ideas with their friends. This will be their first "all on their own, complete the whole thing at home" project, where we will not be doing any of it at school. Hearing their little creative minds at work made me excited too! I so love working with these kids.

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that saying goodbye to these kids is going to be tough at the end of this school year. Boo to goodbyes :(

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that I just made my first big purchase for next year's class (well, not counting the shelves I bought last month). I got all sorts of books and teaching aids, math manipulatives, art supplies, therapy tools, regular classroom supplies, and so much more. 

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that I'm blessed to teach in a Christian school. I think about that so often. It's such a great thing to be able to teach the Word and teach about the love of our Savior. I love that I have that opportunity!

1 comment:

  1. Ohh, I hear you about the to-do list. Mine feels really long too :/ But I hope you enjoy the Zookeeper's Wife! I just saw a preview for the movie and knew I wanted to get the book soon.

    ReplyDelete