Friday, March 10, 2017

Friday's Letters

Today I'm joining Kristin for her monthly Little Letter link-up, where we write "letters" to all sorts of things, sharing a bit about our lives at the moment.


Dear Writing, I love you. Thanks for being just the creative outlet I need to unwind at the end of a long day. No one else may ever read what I write. But that's part of the beauty of it. Just writing for me...

Dear Cajun Food, I may have had to make a few substitutions to have a week full of your delicious goodness here in Dakar last week in honor of Mardi Gras, but it was so worth it. You were delicious! 

Image result for peace love gumbo

Dear Scheduling Speaking Engagements at Churches and Schools, You're what I've been doing after work each day the past week or so. It won't be long 'til Spring Break is here and I'm making a quick trip to the USA :)

Dear Sharing My Heart for Missions, You're exciting for me. I love you more than you know. I feel so incredibly blessed that God chose to call me to this line of work.

Dear Shameless Plug, It's time for me to make you. I still have a few openings left. So if anyone out there is reading this and would like me to come speak to your church, small group, school group (or whole school assembly), please let me know. Either comment on this post or send me an email at enichols85@gmail.com and we'll work something out!

Dear Spring Break, Have I mentioned that you're almost here? :)

Dear Parable of the Lost Sheep, You were the Bible story/lesson we learned about in Kids Club this week. Thanks for providing a good story, a good moral lesson, and a super cute craft (and fun game of Hide the Sheep) for our kids. 


Image may contain: table and indoor

Dear Q & A About My New Special Ed Class, I wrote a blog post about you last week. I love sharing my heart for the sweet kids I'll be serving next school year. What a blessing this job will be for me! I can't wait! P.S. If anyone missed the Q & A post, click HERE and you can check it out.

Dear Farmer's Market in Dakar, You happen once a month for the majority of the year. I finally made it again this month and came away with a few goodies... Yellow cherry tomatoes, homemade salsa, homemade tortillas, whole grain (full of all sorts of nuts/seeds) bagels, and some fresh brats. Yum!

Dear Peach Soda, You were the perfect little taste of home for me the other day. You're not something commonly found here in Dakar, so I was pleasaThanks for allowing your sweet deliciousness bring back a flood of memories of hot summer days at my Papa's house, watching him make homemade peach ice cream which included a few splashes of peach soda. Yum!


Image may contain: drink

Dear Funny Meme, You made me laugh so hard the other day. Oh how true you are!

Image may contain: text

Dear Civil War, You're what we're learning about in Social Studies right now. My 5th graders are loving you. Thanks for being an interesting topic that holds their attention. I love it!

Dear Weekend, I must say. I'm quite happy you're here. Why? ...because my goal is to lock myself in my classroom most of the day Saturday and get a whole lot of work done. I really really want to work ahead enough that I don't have to work the next weekend. We'll see though... Honestly, I know it's probably a bit weird. But I truly do enjoy coming to work in my classroom on Saturdays. It's quiet and nice and I can get a lot done. It's great!

Dear Facebook Live VideosI always knew you were nice. But recently, I've realized another reason why you're so great. I'm able to watch services at many churches "back home," thanks to having such a big time difference. I'm loving this new Sunday afternoon/evening routine of mine!


Dear MomI wrote a post about you yesterday. Thanks for being the amazing, incredible, influential woman you are.

No comments:

Post a Comment