Sunday, March 19, 2017

Hope

Hope

a feeling of expectation and desire for a particular thing to happen

I have this bulletin board in my classroom that I change every few weeks or so. 

Each time it has the same theme...

How do you say ______ 

Then I translate whatever the word or phrase is into the 9 languages communicated by my students and their families in their homes. 



It's become a fun way of incorporating a bit of my students' home cultures into our classroom, all the while celebrating our uniqueness. I love it! And so do my kids!

 

 

Well, I went ahead and put the Easter board up early, since I knew we'd only have half of a week together (when we get back from Spring Break) the week before Easter. And I was happy with how it turned out...



I chose the word HOPE for our Easter board because Easter is the time of year when we celebrate the biggest reason for HOPE there is. 



We celebrate the HOPE that comes from a risen Savior. 



HOPE is the knowledge that the best is yet to come.



HOPE is light shining in the darkness.



HOPE, no matter how small, is a truly powerful thing.



HOPE is a promise.



HOPE (in the right place/person) does not disappoint.



My HOPE is found in Christ alone. 



What about you?

How do you say HOPE?

What does HOPE mean to you?

No comments:

Post a Comment