Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Coffee/Tea Date

Today I'm joining Erin for her monthly Coffee Date link-up. Want to come along? Grab a cup of coffee or tea or whatever you'd prefer and pull up a chair. Let's have a chat.



If we were on a coffee date, I'd remind you that I really hate coffee. I like tea, though. So if I had to pick a hot beverage, that'd be my choice. But at this point, I doubt I'd even be drinking that. It's too hot for hot drinks at the moment. Pass me a tall glass (or tall travel mug) full of ice water instead. Hello (almost) Hot Season...

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that I have a lot to do to get my new classroom ready for the first day of school in August. But I know it'll get done. I finished up everything on my list of 5th grade/Elementary responsibilities this weekend. And I made myself take a break from work stuff this weekend. So today's the day. ...the day when I kick my bottom in gear and start sorting through everything.

And I must say... If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that even though there is a LOT to do and it just seems crazy at the moment, I really am super excited about it. I'm excited to finally get in there and sort through everything and start setting it up like I'd like. And oh my word... I can't wait 'til I can see the finished product. It's going to be awesome! :)

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that my school had its High School Graduation this past Thursday. We had students from approx. -- different countries represented by this graduating class. It's so cool to think that pretty soon these kids will be spread out all across the globe. I can't wait to see what all God has in store for each of these kids.

Image may contain: 1 person, outdoor

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that a couple friends and I have plans for a pool day at the end of this week. My goal? Rotate between sitting in the shade, reading a book and being in the pool, cooling off. My other goal? Ignoring my phone :)

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that our yearbooks came in late this year. I volunteered to pass out yearbooks, since I'll be in my room working and here so much later than most of the teachers. I hate they didn't come during the school year. But I must say... Being able to see so many of our kids after the last day of school has been pretty nice.




If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that I bought a peach soda at one of the American food supply type stores yesterday. When I saw it on the shelf, I was instantly transported back to my Papa's kitchen table, enjoying homemade peach ice cream with him and my dad. Oh my at the memories... So, as corny as it sounds, I totally bought one in plans of enjoying it on Father's Day in memory of those two guys.

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that I had a delicious lunch at a local Lebanese restaurant yesterday. Seriously... This is a picture of total deliciousness on a plate. Just so you know :)



If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that I don't throw the word "friend" around lightly. If I consider someone my friend, that means something. And I'm so grateful for the amazing friends I have in my life. I wouldn't say I'm someone with a lot of BFFs. But I truly have a handful of really good friends. What a blessing these ladies are to my life!

2 comments:

  1. Lebanese food is so delicious, that picture looks so good!

    That's so exciting that there were kids from many different nations graduating, and to see how God will use their lives all over the world.

    I also prefer tea to coffee, and its one of the saddest things about summer when it's too hot for a good cup of tea. Although cool drinks can be just as refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you on calling people "friends." Sometimes it can take a lot for me to really feel like I fit with someone.

    I love that you're already gearing up for next year. Teachers are superheroes in my book. Cheering you on big time!

    ReplyDelete