Wednesday, June 14, 2017

The Daily Dime June 2017

One of my more favorite types of posts is my Day in the Life posts. I love looking back at my posts over the years and seeing what I was up to at different points in my life.

So when I saw Kristin was hosting The Daily Dime link-up, I knew it was perfect for me.



For this post, I'm highlighting my day yesterday.


I didn't set an alarm last night. But I still woke up at 5:30. My sleep patterns are so bizarre. Yesterday, I slept 'til 7:45. Today, though? Wide awake at 5:30. How's that make sense? Anywho - I got up, ate breakfast, and spent a little time in the book of Daniel. 

Displaying IMG_4701.JPG

As soon as I got to work, I grabbed some books and my computer and got to work on some curriculum stuff. And I must say... Having a cold Dr. Pepper while working is a pretty nice treat :)

Displaying FullSizeRender.jpg

At some point, some workers came to clean the AC in my classroom. My fortress of quiet was no longer quite so quiet... But who can complain about something that makes your AC work when it's so hot outside? ;)



By the time I finished working, it was time for a late lunch, which I ate in my classroom while watching a couple episodes of Fresh Off The Boat. This show is hilarious!

Displaying IMG_4689.JPG

After lunch, I got back to work. The majority of my day was spent at the computer. But once that was done, I took one last look at my 5th grade classroom and may have even shed a tear or two when I locked the door for the last time...



After that, I headed downstairs to my new room and started working on compiling the Standards I'll be using to guide my teaching this coming school year (and beyond). I'm basically creating my curriculum from scratch. So I'll use the US National Standards to guide my teaching. Anywho - Once I get them all compiled into one document, I will print the whole thing. I'd also like to apologize in advance to all the trees that will have sacrificed their lives so I could print this...


Displaying IMG_4703.JPG

I was at the school 'til 7 and then headed home to cook dinner. Steak with pepper sauce over rice and fries and garlic bread... It may not have been the most nutritious dinner ever, but it was good :)




While putting the leftovers in the fridge, I noticed this sweet picture and happily thought that I'll get to see my two favorite girls in exactly 2 weeks! I can't wait! :)

Displaying IMG_4696.JPG

After cleaning up the kitchen and studying for one of my Berean/Global Univ. exams, I finished prepping this blog post and then headed to bed.

Displaying IMG_4706.JPG

And that was my Tuesday. 

What were you up to yesterday?

Oh, and if you want to join The Daily Dime fun, just click one of the links to the link-up hostesses below and join the party :)
Kristy | Kerry | Chelsea | Sarah | Jennifer | Courtney 

2 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I used to teach and remember these summer days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a busy day! Thanks for linking up with us. I love hearing how others spend their day.

    ReplyDelete