Friday, June 9, 2017

Friday's Letters

Today I'm joining Kristin and a few other bloggers and writing a "letter" to share what's on my heart/mind at the moment...

The Little Letter Link Up | tazandbelly.com

Dear Procrastinating, You're bad. I know you are. But oh my word are you a constant in my life. I say that I work well under pressure. And that's honestly true. But yeah... I probably shouldn't put myself in those positions so often.

Dear Wonders, You're the name of the Language Arts curriculum our elementary grades are using this year. You're also the current thorn in my flesh as I work through the curriculum documents I need to finish up. I love love love curriculum work. I seriously am intrigued by it. It's something that's always fascinated me. And yes, I know I'm a nerd. But at this very moment... I'm so done with you. Just sayin' :)

Dear You Are What You Love, You're the title of a book our staff is all reading through this summer. Then we'll use it to guide our discussions during some of our Professional Development time this summer. Just from reading the description of the book online, I can say it looks like it's going to be a good book. I'm looking forward to starting it soon.

Dear Too Quiet, You're how I'd describe my classroom at the moment. It feels so weird to be in this room with it completely empty (well, minus the packed up books and stacked up furniture) and with it being completely silent. I love that I'm able to get work done. And the peace and quiet is nice sometimes. But it's a bit too quiet right now :)

Dear New Classroom, I'll start working with you either this weekend or Monday. ...not sure which. I'll be sorting through all the contents you'll hold. I'll be working to change you from a meeting/storage room to a classroom, all with the goal of prepping you for an incredible group of kids to start using you in August. I can't wait!

Dear Positive/Productive Meetings, I had quite a few of you today. Thanks for being a bright part of my day. Meetings don't always go that way. So today was a plus :)

Dear Good Friends, I'm thankful for you being in my life. I don't throw the word "friend" lightly. I truly consider myself blessed to have the good friends in my life that I do. 

Dear Friday, Thanks for arriving when you did. I've missed you.

Dear Blog Readers, Thanks for dropping by :)

2 comments:

  1. I am SUCH a procrastinator. Isn't that the worst?! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I try so hard to not be. But I think I just need to accept my reality ;)

      Delete