Wednesday, June 7, 2017

Currently in the Life of Me

Today I'm linking up with Anne from In Residence and sharing a bit life currently...


I'm currently STARING out at a blank classroom and am a bit sad. Y'all, I have to be honest. I LOVE my Summer Break. Don't get me wrong. But I really really miss the sweet sounds of kids working and learning and talking and playing. I miss them laughing at whatever corny joke I just told. I miss them chatting about the fun of recess. I even miss the constant Miss Nichols, Miss Nichols, Miss Nichols... Ok, maybe I don't miss that as much. But still... :)

I'm currently PLANNING out my time left in Dakar before leaving for a few weeks of summer vacation. I've got a long To Do List, but I'm getting it done slowly but surely. 

I'm currently BROWSING online for ideas for lessons and activities, getting ready for this new Special Ed. class. I've also been reading through this book. I'm so excited for this class to start. 

I'm currently READING, or at least planning to read, a stack of books this summer. I rarely read "for fun" during the school year. I'm honestly, usually so exhausted by the time I get home each night, that I just want to do something that requires little thought. But on school holidays/breaks, I read a LOT. So I'm looking forward to reading through this stack of books

I'm currently EATING up what's in my freezer. I always cook far more than I need, resulting in having leftovers a LOT. And if it can be frozen, I will almost always freeze some of what I have made. So, now that I only have a few weeks before I leave, I thought it'd be a good time to use up this stuff. So far, I've made burritos, tacos, and a chicken & veggie soup. Who knows what other goodness will come out of this? :)

I'm currently REMINISCING about the awesome year the 2016-2017 school year was. I even wrote about it on my blog this past weekend. If you missed it, you can read it by clicking here


Displaying IMG_4632.JPG

I'm currently DAYDREAMING of vacation time. Y'all, the last few times I've gone to the States, it has felt like I've barely had time to breathe, with all the traveling and speaking and stuff I had to do. And I love all of that. I do. But I really am looking forward to having a bit of down time in July. And yes, I'll still be speaking and sharing my heart for missions and Senegal and this new class I'm starting. But I'll still be able to enjoy a bit of vacation time too.

I'm currently WORKING to finish some curriculum stuff on the computer. ...the last of my required "assignments" as 5th grade teacher. I'd say I saved the best assignment 'til last, but... 

I'm currently MAKING plans to start working in my new classroom this weekend. I can't wait! :)

So what are you currently up to?

4 comments:

  1. I get a little sad at the end of each school year, but this year was a rough one and took alot out of me. I feel so burned out and need rejuvenating. So summer was much needed. Hope you have a great one! Found you over at Anne In Residence.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm thrilled at the end of a school year to have my goals at home for the summer but it's nice to hear a teacher saying she misses the kids. I freeze lots of food too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a good summer reading stack - that's pretty much my favorite thing about summer. Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete