Wednesday, June 21, 2017

What's Up June

Happy Last Wednesday of June!  

* Well, not exactly... Actually, I am writing this a week early, since I will be in and out of internet connectivity starting next week, thanks to my vacay in the USA. Like that rhyme? :) So I am publishing the post today. Then I will link up with  MelShay, and Sheaffer next week some time for their monthly What's Up Wednesday party :) 

 


Every month we answer the same few questions based on how things are currently going in our lives. 

The questions are...

 

And now on to the questions...

What am I eating this week?

The other day, some friends and I fired up the grill and put together a smorgasbord of deliciousness. No kidding y'all... This was some seriously good food.


In the spirit of honesty... I provided the fish. My friend provided the rest AND grilled it all :)

And by this time next week, I'll be eating my Mama's good ol' Southern home cookin' :)

What am I reminiscing about?

This past school year... What a nice year it was! I have so many sweet memories! And if you missed my post about this school year, you can click here to read it :)


What am I loving?

I'm most definitely loving not having to set an alarm clock every day!

I've been working literally every day (minus the weekends) since Summer Break started. The difference is that I've been able to sleep late each day. There's this amazing feeling that comes with not having to set an alarm. I definitely love that :)

What have I been up to?

I finished setting up my classroom last week, minus the furniture coming on the school's shipping container later this summer. And this week, I've been lesson planning/prepping for my crew. I'm starting from scratch, with no set curriculum. But I'm  always up for a good challenge, so I'm excited about it. And on top of that... This truly is a dream coming true for me, so I'm a happy camper :)


This was an end of school year gift from a friend (and mother of one of my students). Isn't it perfect? :)

What am I dreading?

I'm dreading being cramped in an airplane seat this weekend. I love flying.  my can't-stand-sitting-still-for-long self hates the being cramped, and forced to sit for long periods of time, parts of flying. But you know... I always have hope that I can get an aisle (or at least 2 seats) to myself, so I can, at least, stretch out a bit :)

What am I working on?

I'll be landing in the U.S. next week, ready to start "working on" my summer vacation and that art of relaxation. Although, I'm doubting that I'll do a lot of relaxation...

I'll have about 4 weeks to gather the rest of the supplies that I ordered for my new Special Ed. class, visit churches, connect with supporters, see family and friends, and also to stock up on all the American essentials (and fun non-essentials too) that I will need to get to carry me through the next year living in Senegal.

What am I excited about?

I'm excited about seeing family in less than a week. Especially these two, because let's face it... I'm excited to see all of my family. But these two girls... :)



What am I watching?

I've just recently found Fresh Off the Boat. It's hilarious! 




What am I reading?

I'm almost finished with Voyage of the Heart by Soraya M. Lane. It's a good light read. That's been my goal with most of the books I've been reading this summer. My goal was to choose a bunch of books that were interesting, but didn't make me think too much. *Translation... I wanted to read a lot of books "for fun" and not just ones "for work" :)



What am I listening to?

Have you heard this song (Verge by Owl City, featuring Aloe Blacc)? Our seniors chose it as their "departure song" at graduation. I'd never heard it before then, but I love it.



What am I wearing?

I've been trying to wear my hair down more. Although, the heat and humidity does make me throw it back in a ponytail before the end of the day. I'm also contemplating cutting it. But, I really do like it better longer. Hmm... We'll see.


Displaying image1.JPG

What am I doing this weekend?

I'll be hanging out with some cool kids that I know. And I'll be continuing working on my computer, doing lesson planning/prep for my new class. Oh and at some point, I'll need to pack since my flight taking me to the U.S. leaves on Sunday night

What am I looking forward to next month?

America!!!

My month of July will be spent in the US with family and friends, gathering the rest of the supplies for my new class, sharing my heart for missions/Senegal/my new class with different churches and individuals, connecting with supporters, a family reunion, and then finally, heading back to Senegal on the last day of the month.

What else is new?

My new classroom is almost ready for students. The shipping container is coming soon (while I'm in the States) that has my desks and small group table on it. And I have to collect the rest of the supplies I ordered/was given/need to buy while in the States for Summer Break. Then before we know it, it'll be August and we'll be ready. I did my fourth Q & A post on the new class last week. If you missed it, click HERE

Want to see a glimpse of my new room? 



So what are YOU up to this month?

1 comment: