Monday, August 7, 2017

COFFEE DATE

Today I'm joining Erin for her monthly Coffee Date link-up. Want to join the fun? Grab a cup of coffee, tea, or whatever you'd prefer and pull up a chair and let's have a chat.


If we were on a coffee date, I'd probably be close enough to you that I wouldn't mind asking you to come hang out in my classroom. I've finally unpacked everything and now I'm just waiting on my furniture to be assembled and delivered to my classroom. Until then, here on the floor, I sit and work (well, I'm blogging at the moment, but once I'm finished with this, I'll be working) :)


If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that today is day 1 of the 365 days I'm giving myself to kick my tail in gear. That's why I'm chugging my water from such a big cup. Wish me luck :)

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that this is probably my new favorite saying...


If we were on a coffee date, I'd probably ask you if you've read any good books lately. After all, I'm always on the hunt for a new one. I'm reading two books at the moment. I'm reading You Are What You Love by James K.A. Smith for work and I'm reading The Glass Castle by Jeannette Wells for fun.

If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that this is the first time in 8 years of flying back and forth multiple times a year that my luggage didn't arrive with me. When I arrived Tuesday, none of my bags were there. Not my 3 main pieces of luggage... Not my carry-on (which was checked through in Birmingham like always... None of them came. Wednesday night, they delivered my 3 big bags, but there was no sign of my carry-on. So I called back each day and was told the same thing... We haven't seen it. Finally, yesterday, I went to the airport, and voila! There was my carry-on. I choose to believe it was my birthday miracle since yesterday was my birthday :)


If we were on a coffee date, I'd tell you that I had a great birthday yesterday. I finally got my carry-on. I went out for lunch with two friends. I took a nap (always a good thing). I had dinner with 3 other friends. I received a few birthday presents. And I opened the present my mom sent with me, too. Oh and I made my favorite flavor of cupcakes (strawberry cake with strawberry frosting). All in all, I'd say it was a great day!

So, if we were on a coffee date, what would YOU share with me?

1 comment:

  1. SO glad your luggage was safe and sound. I've actually never flown before, but I can only imagine the frustration of not having your things.

    Happiest of birthdays to you, friend! I hope this year is incredible. Keep pressing on! I'm cheering for you!

    ReplyDelete