Wednesday, August 30, 2017

What's Up August

Happy Last Wednesday of August!  Today I am joining  MelShay, and Sheaffer for their monthly What's Up Wednesday link-up party. 

 

Every month we answer the same few questions based on how things are currently going in our lives. 

The questions are...

 

What am I eating this week?

Monday - Chicken, Broccoli, and Rice
Tuesday - out with friends
Wednesday - Hamburger & Fries
Thursday - Turkey & Cheese Wrap with Chips

What am I reminiscing about? 

Summer... I spent 5 glorious weeks in the USA with my family. What a treat!



What am I loving?

I'm loving my new classroom. In case you missed it, I gave a little tour HERE. And actually, I rearranged/reorganized my room this past weekend (thanks to a friend for her help). So it looks a little different than in that "tour" post. But Y'all... I am seriously loving being in this room, especially after what it took to get to this point :)



What have I been up to?

We made slime yesterday. It did not work out well. But that's okay. We will just tweak the ingredients and directions and retry it on our experiment day next week.



What am I dreading?

Geckos like the one who fell onto my stove the other night. I seriously thought I was going to have a heart attack. It scared me so bad! The funny part is they normally don't bother me. Yes, they're ugly and gross. But they eat mosquitoes. And in this malaria rich land, anything that kills the mosquitoes is a good thing. But  this guy landed on my stove, with such a loud, that made my heart feel like it was beating out of my chest. Eek!


What am I working on?

Learning to rest and be un-rushed...



What am I excited about?

We get a day off from school on Friday for Tabaski. I love my kids. I do. But I must say... I'm pretty excited to be able to have a lazy-ish day, not working :)

Image result for 3 day weekend

What am I watching?

I've been having trouble sleeping, thanks to  this cast causing me to not be able to find a comfortable position. So last night, I watched most of the 73 Questions videos on Vogue's YouTube channel. I think Simone Biles' interview (see below) is my favorite. 


What am I reading?

I'm not actually reading anything at the moment. But I have 2 I'm planning to read over our long weekend this weekend. Love & Gelato by Jenna Evans Welch and While the World Watched by Carolyn McKinstry. One will be light-hearted and one will be the complete opposite. I can't wait to dig into these two books.



What am I listening to?

The song, Sweetly Broken, has been on repeat in my head for a while now.



What am I wearing?

This.



God is totally teaching me a lesson (well, more than 1) through having to wear this thing. So yes, while I do honestly dread encountering things I can't do on my own... And trust me, there is a lot! I'm not giving up. I'm learning to set aside my pride and accept help from others. And most of all, I'm surrendering my brokenness to my Savior.

What am I doing this weekend?

As little as possible :)



What am I looking forward to next month?

The top two things?

* getting the cast off my arm and 
* welcoming my new student :)

What else is new?

I want to do better this year at staying organized. So the newest thing in my classroom are these newly labeled binders, which will help me on my quest to stay organized.



So what are YOU up to this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment