Sunday, August 6, 2017

32



It's hard to believe. 

I'm 32.

At times, I still feel like I'm a teenager. I feel like I can take on the world and that I have very few cares and worries and responsibilities. Then I spend any time at all with actual teenagers, and I laugh, because boy ih boy do I definitely feel old then. Ha! :)

Anywho, I thought it'd be fun to make a list of new year resolutions since a new year of my life is starting today. 

So without further ado, here is my list of 32 things I'd like to do while I'm 32 (in no particular order)...

1. Be a more organized teacher.
2. Read at least 1 new book each month.
3. Find a spiritual mentor.
4. Stick with journaling.
5. Read and journal through the entire Bible again.
6. Have at least one person over for a meal each month.
7. Try at least one new recipe each month.
8. Go to bed at a decent time each night.
9. Spend less time on my phone.
10. Exercise more.
11. Lose weight.
12. Get in better shape.
13. Eat healthier.
14. Meal plan each week.
15. Dress up sometimes just because.
16. Rest (and not feel guilty about doing so).
17. Focus more on the positives in life.
18. Send more handwritten notes.
19. Be a rockstar teacher.
20. Live out Proverbs 31:8 by speaking up for those who need it.
21. Explore further schooling options.
22. Keep a prayer journal.
23. Improve in ASL.
24. Listen more and talk less.
25. Improve my French by getting to know the employees/vendors I interact with at my local stores and markets.
26. Write.
27. Go on a fun mini trip with my mom next summer.
28. Continue pursuing my Ordination with the Assemblies of God.
29. Go on a fun trip with a friend next summer.
30. Research ways to become better as a Special Education Teacher.
31. Live in the moment.
32. Be content with what God is currently doing in my life.

And now... I'm off to celebrate the fact that God placed me on this planet 32 years ago :)

No comments:

Post a Comment