Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Reverse Bucket List

Happy Tuesday Y'all!

When I saw Andrea's Show and Tell Tuesday prompt for today, I thought it looked fun.
Image result for momfessionals show and tell tuesday

It's a Reverse Bucket List. Things on your bucket list you've already crossed off...

Here are mine (in no particular order)...


Getting my Master's Degree was not something originally on my bucket list. But eventually it became a goal of mine and made its way onto my list. Why? I realized that I LOVE learning and education. More specifically, I love furthering my education. So when I found out I could get my Master's almost entirely online, while living in Senegal, I jumped at the chance. And I assure you... If I could afford it, I would TOTALLY be pursuing my education further. But alas, that costs a lot of money I simply do not have. Anyone reading this know of scholarship or grant options for a teacher wanting to further her education? :)

Image result for master's degree


I moved to Senegal. At 23 years old, I packed 4 suitcases, a carry-on, and a backpack, and left my family, my home, and everything familiar. Why? I followed the call God had placed on my life as a teenager. I knew God had called me into ministry and as time progressed, God furthered that calling by calling me to this continent I've grown to love. Senegal is now home. I love my life here. I love doing what God has called me to do.

Image result for bienvenue au senegal

I became a missionary. I am so grateful for this career God has called me to be a part of. I love this part of life. Sure it requires sacrifices, but y'all... I seriously cannot imagine doing anything else with my life.



I became a teacher. Y'all, some of my earliest memories are of me "teaching" my dolls and stuffed animals. I have ALWAYS wanted to become a teacher. So when that diploma finally hit my hand, I couldn't help but cry at this dream come true. I've now in my 9th year of teaching. I've taught students in Grades 1 - 12. I've taught General Ed., ESL, and Special Ed. I've taught over 100+ students in 3 different schools in my home state of Alabama, and also here at Dakar Academy in Senegal. I absolutely positively LOVE what I do. Teaching is my passion and my heart. And now that I'm teaching Special Education again... Ah, seriously y'all... I'm livin' the dream. I love it!

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling

I went to London. Y'all... London is my "happy place." It's my dream vacation spot. And thanks to the generosity of a few amazingly generous people, I got to experience London a few years back. And trust me... If I could afford it, I'd most definitely go back again one day. I keep asking God to call me there. But He hasn't...yet :)

Image result for london

And last, but certainly not least... I became an aunt to these two beautiful little ladies. They are two of the biggest blessings God has ever given me. They have totally enriched my life in ways I can't even explain. I never knew my heart could feel such incredible love. And while I never actually put "Become an aunt." on my bucket list, I'm totally including it here because y'all... I can't imagine my life without having the title of aunt attached to my name.


Those are the things I've crossed off my bucket list already. 

Want to know what else is on my bucket list?

In no particular order...

1. Be Ordained with the Assemblies of God
2. Get married.
3. Have children (either biologically or through adoption).
4. Work in an orphanage/children's home.
5. Pay off my student loans.
6. Travel more.
7. Be truly content with my life if God chooses not to give me the last 6 items I listed. 

What about you? 

What's on your bucket list? What have you already crossed off your list?

No comments:

Post a Comment