Sunday, September 3, 2017

That's Me

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, closeup

That's me.

...still rocking a splint that is wrapped from my elbow to my hand.

...still rocking the immobilized arm.

...still feeling the sense of frustration over inability to do certain things.

...still depending on others for sometimes seemingly easy tasks.

...still having the occasional bout of pain.

So yeah... That's me.

But do you want to know something?

That's not all.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, closeup

That's me.

...receiving the gift of assistance from friends, co-workers, students, and others.

...experiencing so much less pain than before the splint arrived on the scene.

...learning how to adapt and get the job done.

...practicing the art of patience.

...spending more time than usual in prayer and in His Word.

...recognizing the gift of friends and their sacrificial friendship.

...feeling empathy for others in similar (or even more challenging) situations.

...having faith that God knows what's best, even when I don't understand it all.

...trusting in my Creator.

Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, closeup

Yep. That's me.

...shifting my perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment