Wednesday, September 27, 2017

What's Up September

Happy Last Wednesday of September!  Today I am joining  MelShay, and Sheaffer for their monthly What's Up Wednesday link-up party. 

 

Every month we answer the same few questions based on how things are currently going in our lives. 

The questions are...

 

What am I eating this week?

I ate pretty well this past weekend at our Staff Retreat... :)

Image may contain: food

What am I reminiscing about? 

Yesterday I wrote a post about some things I've already crossed off my Bucket List. Those items definitely had me reminiscing. Ah, what sweet memories...
If you missed that post, you can read it HERE.

What am I loving?

I've been writing/typing with my left hand. I'm still not at 100%. It still hurts a bit when I use it a lot. But hey, a little is better than none. So I'll take it :)



What have I been up to?

I loved having our Staff Retreat last weekend. It's always nice to get away for a bit. And while I did take my computer and some paperwork with me so I could do some work, I must say... It sure was nice to do that work in the AC. And I didn't do a lot of work. I read a good bit. I slept a LOT. And I got to hang out with some friends and co-workers. All in all, I'd say it was a nice getaway and just what I needed at this point in the school year.



No automatic alt text available. Image may contain: outdoor

What am I dreading?

We still have another couple months or so left of Hot Season. Y'all, the heat and humidity is just unreal at this time of year here in Dakar. It's so uncomfortable outside!

Image result for meme it's hot work clothes humid

What am I working on?

Oh, just teaching and maybe playing a game every once in a while :)



What am I excited about?

Kids Club starts back this afternoon!!! Does it make my already crazy busy weeks even busier? Yep. Sure does... But y'all, it's so worth it - especially now that I'm not teaching elementary. I love that I'll still be able to hang out with our younger kids, get to know them better, and to pour into their lives, while teaching/sharing the love of Jesus.


We will be studying about the Beatitudes this semester. I think this unit is going to be my most favorite!

What am I watching?

Y'all... I'm typically exhausted by the time I get home from work in the evenings. So I definitely can't sit through many tv shows without falling asleep. And yes, I do totally recognize that this makes me sound so very old. But such is life :)

Anywho, the only two shows I'm watching at the moment are Big Bang Theory and Young Sheldon, both of which started this week. It was the new season of Big Bang Theory and the brand new show, Young Sheldon. Honestly, they are both the perfect shows for me to watch on Tuesday evenings. They are both definitely funny. And neither one requires much thought from me while watching. So I can do some work as I watch :)


Image result for big bang theory season 11Young Sheldon Poster

What am I reading?

I'm currently reading The Orphan's Tale by Pam Jenoff. It's a good book. It is a bit of a hard read, though, as there are some definite sad, painful parts. But I'd still recommend it.


What am I listening to?

My kiddos learned a fun song last week to help them in memorizing the days of Creation. It's sung to the tune of "This Old Man" and is super catchy and cute. :)


7 Days of Creation Story Boards and Coloring Sheets
I bought it off of Teacherspayteachers HERE.


What am I wearing?

See the picture below. 

This is why I rarely wear my hair down during Hot Season.

Image result for meme about humidity

What am I doing this weekend?

It's the last weekend of handball at school. So I'll probably go out and watch that. Saturday I'll be working in my classroom basically all day, catching up from being gone this past weekend on our Staff Retreat. A friend and I are going to go grab ice cream at some point on Saturday. Then on Sunday, I'll go to church, catch a nap, and then have a meeting with my fellow AG-ers in the afternoon. Then, I'm thinking by Sunday night, I'll crash :)

Image result for me when i get home from work meme

What am I looking forward to next month?

FINALLY being into a good routine at school - Although we have testing next week. And then the week after that will be Senegalese Appreciation Week. So getting into a "normal" routine is still a little bit of a ways off. But soon... So very soon.



What else is new?

My new student this week! 
Kids Club starts back today! 
I no longer have a free/prep period. So I must stay late every day to prep/plan.

But most of all... I'm so happy with how life is going at the moment :)



And then, each month there is a special question. 

This month's question is...

What TV show are you most excited about this Fall?

I'd say Young Sheldon. I'm excited to see how it plays out.

Young Sheldon Poster

So what are YOU up to this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment