Saturday, September 16, 2017

What's In My Bag

Happy Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday

Happy Saturday Y'all!

I'm taking a break from some of the seriousness I have been posting here lately and instead, choosing to join Andrea and a few other bloggers in participating in her Show and Tell Tuesday link-up. 

I hadn't originally planned on posting because I totally forgot to plan for it to be ready on Tuesday. But then Andrea shifted it to Wednesday. And then I forgot again on Thursday. And yesterday, I woke up with a migraine and had no desire to do the post.

So here I am on Saturday, finally posting in the Show and Tell Tuesday link-up.

Better late than never, huh? :)



I decided to show what was in my work bag for this post.

After all, I know y'all are just dying to know ;)

So what is in my bag?



This is my current favorite tote bag. I bought it HERE on Amazon. I love elephants and bright colors. So that's what drew me to buy this bag. It's big and it has a lot of pockets. So it can hold a lot. Those points all combined make the bag a win in my book!


It held a lot of stuff. And this isn't even the usual amount it contains :)


1. Click, Clack, Moo Cows That Type - a book I'll be using in my Grammar lessons this week
2. Consent form sent back by a student's parents that I grabbed out of my school mailbox, on my way home Friday
3. A notepad with a To Do List written on it (written messily since I still can't write with my left hand)
4. Task Cards for our Reading Lesson I brought home to cut out over the weekend

1. I bring my personal laptop to work on while kids are using my school laptop for online Speech Therapy. Look at that black case. It's a Vera Bradley, bought at a pharmacy back home. It originally costs $90, but I only paid $10!
2. Computer charging cord with 220v adapter attached
3. I always keep a spare 220v adapter with me.

1. Bible and Bible Study booklet
2. You Are What You Love by James K.A. Smith (our required read for work)
3. While the World Watched by Carolyn Maull McKinstry (for when I take a break every day after dismissal)

1. Lesson Plan Book
2. Planner/Calendar

1. Umbrella - Y'all, I typically hate using an umbrella. But while I had the splint on, I couldn't get it wet, and since it's currently Rainy Season here in Dakar, I had no choice. I am sooooo glad not to have to use this thing anymore :)
2. and 3. Markers and Stickers for Grading Papers (which I, ironically, forgot at school yesterday)
4. Dutch Blitz - I love this game. I can't remember why it's in my work bag, though...

1. Empty/Clean container from breakfast the day before, which I'd forgotten at school
2. M&Ms (useful for teacher's sanity saver & bribery for students) - Ha! :)
3. and 4. Random Snacks (cookies and Pringles)
5. Two packs of gum - Why 2? I have no idea... :)
6. Mints

1. Ziploc full of bandaging materials leftover from when I wore the splint - I probably should take it all back. But I've held on to it just in case... Although, I'm praying I won't need it anymore.
2. Random assortment of toiletries/meds
3. A few gallon size ziploc bags, leftover from an experiment we did in class a week or so ago

1. Wallet (which is more like a small purse)
2. Receipts from x-rays - I finally filed them on my insurance and brought them home to put away for safekeeping.
3. Leftover coin that didn't make it into my wallet 


Want to join the fun? Click HERE for more info.

No comments:

Post a Comment