Thursday, October 12, 2017

A Day in the Life

Happy Thursday Y'all!

Because my blog isn't random enough already, I thought I'd join Andrea and participate in her bi-monthly Show and Tell Tuesday link-up, which was to document a day in the life. 

My plan had been to link-up on the actual day we were supposed to and share my Monday with you. But I totally forgot about it on Monday. Then Tuesday came around and I took like 3 photos before school and then none the rest of the day... So, finally I took pictures yesterday. The third time's a charm. Right? :)

 Want to know what I did all day yesterday? See below...

Image result for momfessionals show and tell tuesday

I woke up at 5:15. And no... That wasn't intentional. My alarm was set for 5:30. Anywho - I read a bit from Isaiah 50 before getting out of bed. Verse 4 was the one that stuck out at me the most. Y'all the weariness is at an all-time high at the moment, based on a few things swirling around in my mind at the moment. Last night, I was lying in bed, thinking over these things, worrying about how things would work out and finally when I'd had enough, I prayed this prayer... God, I'm tired - literally and figuratively. Help me stop worrying about things outside of my control. Help me to do the best that I can with what You have given me. Help me to not be so weary. And I must have went right to sleep. Then I woke up this morning, and read this verse, I felt like it was a total God thing. 


Breakfast was an apple. I knew lunch would be a bit heavier than I'm typically used to. So I didn't want to eat that big of a breakfast. And look at this bit of Fall in our stairway. My neighbor loves decorating for the holidays and I love to enjoy those decorations :)


When I got to work, I ate my apples with some peanut butter. Aren't these little cups cute? I was at a hotel in AL this summer and eating the continental breakfast there when I saw them and asked the lady in charge if I could have a few to take back with me ;)



I did a bit of work in my classroom, and then shared a memory on Facebook. It's hard to believe that 9 years ago, my brother and sister-in-law got married. It seems like just yesterday! Happy Anniversary to these two lovebirds :)



Once my kids got into class, they got started on their Morning Work activity. Cupcake Contractions seemed like a fun way to practice our Grammar lesson this morning. 



This week is Senegalese Appreciation Week at my school. So on Wednesday, along with doing lots of fun activities later in the day, we were asked to wear Senegalese clothes. I took pictures of my crew and as we were about to start back working, there was a knock at the door. So I laid my phone down and this kiddo snuck and took a few selfies :)



After Morning Work/Grammar was complete we shifted into Reading. We're currently reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. It's such a fun book and thanks to TeachersPayTeachers, I have some fun activities to go along with our reading. 



Because of the varied schedules of my kiddos, there are often times when I'll only have 1 or 2, and not the whole class. At one point, my girl was the only one in the room, so when she finished her work, she asked to do her independent reading in the "comfy seats," camping chairs I have set up for a fun/quiet reading space. I joined her and did some prep work for next week in one of the other comfy seats. 



At one point, one of my kiddos needed to run an errand. So I went with him and while he was in the office doing that, I took the chance to refill my water bottle. I don't have a free/prep period during the school day (other than lunch time), so it was the perfect opportunity to refill on water.



Once the others got back, we all went over our Spelling words and Bible Memory for the week and then prepped our Homework folders, ready to pack up for the day. We had to pack up early today because our afternoon was going to be spent doing all sorts of fun activities, as part of our school's Senegalese Appreciation Week. 



Then we headed outside to the lunch shelter area, because we had volunteered to help set up for lunch. We covered tables, set out spoons, and posed for a picture or two :)

Image may contain: 3 people, people smiling, people standing and outdoor Image may contain: 1 person, sitting

Lunch was eaten in typical Senegalese fashion. We ate a traditional Senegalese dish around a common bowl. Many people even ate with their hands. What a fun time!

Image may contain: 1 person, eating, sitting, child and food Image may contain: 1 person, smiling, food and indoor

After lunch, we enjoyed a Fashion Show, with students wearing traditional Senegalese (or African) clothing. I was quite impressed with all the well-dressed kiddos :)

Image may contain: 9 people, people smiling

After lunch, we headed over to the turf and picked a spot in the shade to watch the professional wrestling demonstration. While the pro's were good, the best part was watching our youngest students out there trying to wrestle the pro's :)



By this point, it was time to grab backpacks and head home for the day. Normally I would have Kids Club on Wednesdays, but since we knew so many kids would be leaving early, we decided to cancel it for this week. So since I had a free afternoon, I headed back to my classroom, to do a bit of work. My goal is to have my first weekend free of work since school started. Wish me luck :) Anywho - I did work and then I realized I was out of credit on my phone, so I had to add a phone card. 5000cfa = a little less than $10, which will last me a while since I am so not a fan of talking on the phone. Ha! :)


After work, I went to a friend's house for dinner and saw this pretty flower on my way in. 



After dinner, I headed home and prepped some cheese, in preparation for the next night's dinner. On Thursdays, I usually have a few of our AG kiddos over for dinner in between practices and Youth Group, since I live on campus and they live across town. Thursdays are now turning into one of my favorite nights of the week :)


I then did a bit of reading...



And once the words started running together, I realized it was time to head to bed. So I put the finishing touches on this blog post...


Then I headed off to dream land.

And that was my Wednesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment