Friday, October 20, 2017

Friday Favorites

Friday Favorites




Today I'm joining ErikaAndrea, and Narci and for their weekly Friday Favorites fun.

Want to know what made my list of favorites this week?

A lot of things.

But one sticks out in particular.

The only favorite I'm sharing today is a dream I had 2 nights ago. 

I dreamed my parents, brother, and I were all sitting around talking. We were talking about my upcoming wedding. We were all so happy together. It was like old times...

 Pretty soon it was time to go. My brother went to go get ready with all the other groomsmen. And my mom came with me to help me with my wedding dress. 

The whole time I kept wondering why my dad just disappeared. So I finally asked my mom where my dad went. And she answered, saying He's always in our hearts.

And I smiled, knowing how true that is.

I know that it's true that I will never get to experience the joy of having my dad walk me down the aisle. I'll never get to experience the joy and pride of having my dad be the preacher at my wedding. These are what I always planned/dreamed as a little girl.

I'll never get to have those things.

And yes, when I attend a wedding and see the bride's father walking her down that aisle, it does make me a little bit sad, missing my dad.

But, you know...

I woke up the morning after this dream with a smile on my face and with the most amazing sense of peace in my heart. It was almost a sense of feeling refreshed. 

Losing my dad was, by far, the most difficult/painful thing I've ever experienced.

And missing him being there for important events in the future has always been something that weighed heavily on my heart. Whether it be me getting married or having children, or even just living life... It was hard knowing my dad wouldn't be around for those important milestones in my future. So very painfully hard...

But I'm telling you...

When I woke up after this dream, it was honestly the first time since he died (exactly 2 1/2 years ago yesterday), that I had truly incredible peace about what, or rather who, is missing from my future. I felt such an amazing sense of peace over my dad being in my heart, even if he wouldn't be by my side in all the minor and the major milestones in life.

It's peace in the midst of pain.

Peace. 

Peace is a beautiful thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment